Scientific Writing and Communication
The student should be able to:
· Identify sources of funding f or clinical research;
· Perform effectively search on funding sources;
· Describe the structure of project funding applic ations (no cinical components);
· Organize and develop all technical and no clinical aspects of the application;
· Prepare the analysis of the study costs for budgeting, at the application stage;
· Prepare the reports inherent to the organization, management, implementation and completion of the study (postfunding phase);
· Plan and stru cture the writing of a scientific manuscripts based on clinical study results;
· Elaborate scientific poster;
· Plan and structure an oral presentation.
Bruno Miguel Alves Fernandes do Gago
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese or English
· Doumont, J.L. Scientifi c Communication (2016). Scitable by Nature Education. Disponível em:
· Keshavan, N. (2014). Medical & Scientific Writing Paperback.ISBN: 15009 2226.
The teaching methodology is adapted to its classes (1S/2TP). Expository seminars, recurring whenever possible to the critical analysis of case-studies. The presented contents will be used in TP component in the elaboration of projects related with the CU contentes.
The CU is development in a mix evaluation methodology with 1 written exam (40%) and 3 group projects (60%).
· Pre -financing phase;
· Post -financing phase - Periodic Reports of the study;
· Medical Writing.
Programs where the course is taught: