Seminário de Especialidade em Detecção Remota e Sistemas de Informação Geográfica (not translated) - 2nd semester
a) To know the theories and technologies in Urban and Spatial Planning
b) To understand the role and value of Geographical Information Systems in organizations and research
c) To understand the models and simulation-based spatial modeling
d) Understand the object-based image analysis
e) To evaluate the role of technology, models and spatial modeling in the creation of geographical knowledge.
José António Tenedório
Weekly - 2
Total - Available soon
Batty, M. (2013). The New Science of Cities (245-299). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press
Blaschke, T., Lang, S., Hay, G. J., (Eds.) (2008). Object-Based Image Analysis. Spatial Concepts for Knowledge-Driven Remote Sensing Applications (1-271). Berlin: Springer.
Guermond, Y. (Editor) (2009). The Modeling Process in Geography: From Determinism to Complexity (1-376). Chichester, WS: Wiley
Longley, P. A., Goodchild, M. F., Maguire, D. J., Rhind, D. W. (Eds.) (1999). Geographical Information Systems (2nd ed.) (Vol. 1, 1-580. New York, NY: John Wiley & Sons.
Pinto, N. N., Tenedório, J. A., Antunes, A. P., & Cladera, J. R. (2014). Technologies for Urban and Spatial Planning: Virtual Cities and Territories (.1-349). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
Lectures, lab/computer training, project work, e-learning, student presentations.
2 scientific essays on pensum literature: [30%]
2 project report: [60%]
2 project presentation: [pass/no pass]
In continuum e-learning participation (forums):[10%]
1) Theories and technologies in Urban and Spatial Planning
2) Geographic Information Systems in the organizations: acting models, working models and future developments
3) Models and spatial modeling of geographic phenomena in Geographic Information Systems
4) Object-based image analysis (GEOBIA) for Remote Sensing applications
5) Research Projects in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems: i) paradigms to formalize projects; ii) protocols design for modeling spatial data; iii) protocols design for spatial modeling; iv) protocols design for space simulation.
Programs where the course is taught: