Spanish Language A2 - 2nd semester
To reach level A2 of the CEFR.
1. Develop the textual and oral skills required to attend level B1.
2. Be able to understand and write basic texts (formal letters, summaries, compositions) on personal, professional and academic issues.
3. Develop, both in text and orally, brief opinions about contemporary issues, with a sense of open-mindeness and interest in cultural diversity.
4. To identify contrastive features between Spanish and Portuguese.
5. Be knowledgeable about the basis of history, political situation and linguistic reality of Spain.
6. Promote intercultural awareness and aknowledging language-culture relations.
7. Apply contents in the fields of Languages, Literature, Culture and Translation.
8. Develop autonomous learning.
Beatriz Moriano, Coral Mateo, Maria Nieves Lagunas Vila
Weekly - 4
Total - Available soon
Minimum attendance: 70% of classes, except worker-students.
1. AAVV. (2012). Gente hoy 1 (A1+A2). Nueva edición. Barcelona: Difusión.
2. Raya et al., (2011). Gramática Básica del Estudiante de Español. Edición Revisada y Ampliada. Barcelona:Difusión.
3. Diccionario on line de la Real Academia de la Lengua Española: www.rae.es.
4. Chamorro, C., et al., (2012). Todas las Voces. Curso de Cultura y Civilización (A1/A2), Barcelona: Difusión.
5. Tomeo, J. (2002). Amado monstruo. Barcelona: Anagrama.
Inductive and deductive, formal and communicative activities, based on one or more type of language feature (expression, comprehension, interaction and mediation), focussing on the students´ needs, and emphasising the integration of skills, intercultural reflection, autonomous learning and the use of ICT.
In class teaching.
Continuous Evaluation. Two tests done in class; oral presentations and written work. Evaluation will be based on communicative competence, accuracy and appropriacy, the use of learning strategies, knowledge about sociocultural aspects of the Hispanic world and an ability to think seriously about cultural matters.
Parts of the evaluation:
-Level and quality of class participation + other practices (30%)
-Reading test: précis and commentary based on a text (literary, journalistic as well as other styles) (20%)
-Term test: test of linguistic and cultural content (50%).
1. Sharing basic personal, working and academic informations, including past experiences and short-term plans.
2. Position of personal pronouns. Nouns, adjectives, connectors and adverbs linked with past actions.
3. Form and basic uses of main past tenses, of imperative and subjunctive.
4. Narrating past experiences, expressing judgments and giving instructions.
5. Language levels: formal, informal.
6. European Spanish phonetics and prosody.
7. Widen basic vocabulary for personal and social interactive situations.
8. Elementary phraseology in daily contexts.
9. Basic ortography.
10. Introduction to Spanish mass media and ICT: Internet resources, TV, Press.