Journalism Workshop - 1st and 2nd semester
At the end of the Curricular Unit, students should have acquired and consolidated the necessary skills for journalistic practice, in the component of critical analysis and writing for press and digital platforms, particularly in reporting and in profile.
From a practical perspective, students are expected to produce journalistic stories with quality for publication in NOVA MAGAZINE (novamagazine.pt) and in professional media.
Dora Santos Silva
Weekly - 4
Total - Available soon
AAVV. (2005). Livro de Estilo do Público, Lisboa.
Godinho, J. (2009) As origens da reportagem Imprensa, Lisboa: Livros Horizonte.
Itule, B.; Anderson, D. (2007) News Writing & Reporting. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Kovach, B. e Rosenstiel, T. (2005) Os Elementos do Jornalismo, Porto: Porto Editora.
Ricardo, D. (2010). Ainda Bem que me Pergunta. Manual de Escrita Jornalística, Lisboa: Editorial Notícias
The teaching method is mainly practical.
1. 1st feature article - 20%
2. 2nd feature article - 30%
3. Profile - 25%
4. Lab work and participation - 25%
1. Feature journalism or journalism made from stories
2. Finding, conceptualizing and writing good stories
3. The feature article (report)
4. The profile
5. Writing skills for digital journalism
6. Other journalistic genres: backgrounders, guides and analysis pieces
Programs where the course is taught: