Project Work in English Language Teaching
- Describe, sustaining in an exploratory research, the projects objectives and aimed implementation contexts;
- Present the potencial beneficiaries or target public;
- Analyse and critically interpret the scientific literature on the topic to be studied so as to establish the state of the question regarding the scope and type of activity aimed;
- Present the results showing the effective implementation of relevant knowledge;
- Write a text according to the established canonical norms of the scientific area;
- Prepare the public discussion of the research results and the presentation of its relevance to the clarification of the issues studied.
Weekly - 3 letivas + 1 tutorial
Total - Available soon
Bibliografia específica adequada ao Trabalho de Projecto de cada estudante.
Dependent on the nature of each students project work.
Ceia, C. (2012). Normas para Apresentação de Trabalhos Científicos, 9ª ed. Lisboa: Editorial Presença.
Estrela, A. (2001), Investigação em Educação: Métodos e Técnicas. Lisboa: Educa.
Fabb, N. and Durant, A. (2005). How to Write Essays and Dissertations. 2nd ed. Harlow: Pearson Education.
Lamas, E. (coord.) (2001). Dicionário de Metalinguagens da Didáctica. Porto: Porto Editora.
McNiff, J. (2002). Action Research: Principles and Practice. London: Routledge.
Teaching methodologies assume essentially the nature of tutoring, supervision and organisation and management of analysis and reflection.
Students will be guided by a professor of the study cycle who will be responsible for accompanying the Project Work. There will be regular meetings between the student and the Project Work supervisor until the final work is handed over; participation in scientific events; good use of on-line databases and libraries;
definition of a working timetable and a research plan; definition of deadlines.
The Project Work will be evaluated during a public viva before a jury, according to the MA course regulations.
Each student will develop his/her Project Work following an individual work plan negotiated with the supervisor so as to sustain the projects objectives and aimed implementation contexts in an exploratory research.
The student will develop an analysis and critical interpretation of the relevant scientific bibliography so as to establish the state of the question regarding the scope and type of action aimed, therefore the syllabus will depend on the researched topics and the specific analytical perspectives and bibliography will be given within the individual tutorial sessions.
Programs where the course is taught: