Masters in Portuguese as a Second and Foreign Language
1) To develop advanced competences in research and academic communication;
2) To acquire research and critical skills in contemporary topics on education and language learning, with a focus on Portuguese language;
3) To acquire a global understanding of contemporary Education;
4) To acquire strategic skills for the planning of practices in cooperation and development with a focus on lusophone countries;
5) To develop advanced knowledge on problems and conditions for the teaching of second and foreign languages, in multilingual and multicultural contexts;
6) To acquire methodological skills for the usage of analytical, practical and communicative tools in the strategic learning of PSL/PFL;
7) To develop advanced oral and written competences in the field mentioned above;
8) To acquire theoretical and methodological competences for the production of a dissertation within the academic framework.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Access to study programmes leading to a doctoral degree.
Ana Maria Martinho
More information provided in the Call for Applications, available on www.fcsh.unl.pt
(see at https://www.fcsh.unl.pt/cursos/)
Duration: 3 semesters
Total Number of Credits: 93; 60 in UCs (Curricular Units) + 33 (Dissertation or Work Project or Internship with Report)
Credits in free-optional courses: 20 (the student may carries out 20 credits as free-elective optional (from curricular units of postgraduate level at FCSH/NOVA, UNL, or other national or foreign institutions of higher education under agreement).
The degree of mestre corresponds to the level 7 of the NQF and EQF-National Qualifications Framework/European Qualifications Framework.
Conditions of admittance
Condições de acesso: Consultar o edital de candidatura disponível em www.fcsh.unl.pt Please consult the application call available at www.fcsh.unl.pt
Academic Regulation for curricular units evaluation is available at intranet. 1) No specific curricular precedence required. 2) A final grade, expressed as a number between 10 and 20 on a scale of 0 to 20 as well as its equivalent on the ECTS grading scale, is awarded for the post-graduate diploma. The final grade of the post-graduate diploma is the average, by credit, of the grades obtained in the course units in which the student obtained the 60 credits from the taught part of the Masters course. A final grade, expressed as a number between 10 and 20 on a scale of 0 to 20 as well as its equivalent on the ECTS grading scale, is awarded for the Masters degree. The final grade of the Masters degree will be the average of the final grade of the taught part of the course, weighted to 40%, and the grade awarded to the dissertation, project work or practical work experience report, weighted to 60%.
|722091070||TEACHING PORTUGUESE AS A SECOND AND AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE - 1st semester||10|
|722091087||Literatures and Cultures from Portuguese Speaking Countries - 2nd semester||10|
|722091105||Textuality and Education - 1st semester||10|
|Elective option 1|
|722091055||Análise e Produção de Materiais Didácticos (not translated) - 2nd semester||10|
|722141037||Education and Multiculturalism - 1st semester||10|
|722091069||Distance Teaching: Theory and Practice||10|
|Elective option 2|
|722091159||Dissertation in Portuguese Language as a Second or Foreign Language||33|
|722091160||Internship with Report in Portuguese Language as a Second and Foreign Language||33|
|722091161||Work Project in Portuguese Language as a Second and Foreign Language||33|