Portuguese Culture Themes - 2nd semester
- To know and understand the diversity of theoretical approaches.
- To explore the implications of different theoretical approaches.
- To develop positive attitudes and skills towards a critical reflection.
Cecília Gonçalves Barreira
Weekly - 3 letivas + 1 tutorial
Total - Available soon
Português sem apoio tutorial em LE
CESARINY, Mário, \"Uma Grande Razão\". Lisboa, Assírio & Alvim, 2007
CHEN, Adelaide Ginga, \"A Aventura Surrealista\", Lisboa, Colibri, 2001
HATHERLY, Ana e CASTRO, E. M. de Melo e, \"Po-Ex\", Lisboa, Moraes, 1979
MARTINS, Fernando Cabral (coord.), \"Dicionário de Fernando Pessoa e do Modernismo Português\", Lisboa, Caminho, 2008
NEGREIROS, Almada, \"Ficções Escolhidas\", Lisboa, Assírio & Alvim, 2016
REIS, Carlos e LOURENÇO, António Apolinário (coord.), \"História Crítica da Literatura Portuguesa\", Lisboa, Verbo, 2015
The theoretical content of the classes will be exposed during the first part. In the second part there will be an interaction with the students for the participation of all.
The evaluation consists of a written essay to be presented orally.
1. Almada Negreiros and the visual literature. The Portuguese Avant-Garde. Analysis of the series \"Frisos\", \"K4 O Quadrado Azul\" and the short story \"O Homem que Não Sabe Escrever\" in the context of plastic production of the 20s.
2. The magazine \"presença\" and the institutionalization of modernist art. The case studies of Edmundo de Bettencourt, Julio / Saúl Dias and Mário Eloy. Critical appreciation of cinema. Analysis of \"Aniki Bobó\" (1942), by Manoel de Oliveira.
3. Mario Cesariny: analysis of some of his \"greatest poems.\" The impact of Fernando Pessoa´s work. The anthologies of Surrealism. Surrealist image theory. The montage process. Analysis of \"Horta de Cordel\". Analysis of \"Autografia\" (2004).
4. Ana Hatherly: drawing, painting, performance, literature. The tradition of the Baroque and the synthesis between calligraphy and drawing. \"A Reinvenção da Leitura\" and its importance. The experimentalism of the 60s and its reflexions in contemporary art.
Programs where the course is taught:
- Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of German
- Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of Spanish
- Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of English
- Masters in Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education
- Masters in Portuguese Studies