Masters in English and Foreign Languages Teaching (German, Spanish or French) in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and Secondary Education
- To understand the official guidelines and principles of the national educational policy and their development;
- To understand the pedagogical, methodological and didactic knowledge in educational research;
- To apply the pedagogical, methodological and didactic knowledge to the definition, management and evaluation of curricular planning and pedagogical practice;
- To adapt pedagogical and didactic practice to rhe specificities of teaching subjects, different levels, students and school resources, including adaptation to multicultural contexts;
- To manage and apply scientific, cultural, pegagogical and didactic knowledge to the design of teaching and learning situations and assessment relevant to the syllabus objectives, as well as students´ learning context.
- To reflect on the ethical, social and cultural implications of the profession within the context of contemporary world problems and citizenship education;
- To develop research and professional development competencies.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Completion of the Masters degree allows the holder to apply for the cycle of studies which leads to a Doctorate Degree. For the specific access requirements for doctoral programmes, consult the regulations governing the doctoral programmes at FCSH/NOVA.
Ana Gonçalves Matos; Carlos Ceia (Coordenador geral mestrados em ensino)
More information provided in the Call for Applications, available on www.fcsh.unl.pt
(see at https://www.fcsh.unl.pt/cursos/)
Length: 2 years / 4 semesters. Total credits: 120 credits (70 in course units of the study programme + 50 in the non-taught component).
To obtain the masters degree, the student must realize in accordance with Decree-Law 79/2014, 14th May, an introduction to professional practice which are assigned 50 credits (45 ECTS match Supervised Teaching Practice and 5 ECTS to the Seminar of Supervised Teaching Practice).
The degree of mestre corresponds to the level 7 of the NQF and EQF-National Qualifications Framework/European Qualifications Framework.
Conditions of admittance
Please consult the application call available at www.fcsh.unl.pt
1) No obligatory precedences for attending the programs courses. 2) Knowledge evalutation in the courses is individual and takes place at the end of each semester. The following tools will be considered: final oral and/or written assignments, papers or other assessment tools, in conditions to be agreed upon with each lecturer. The result of the evaluation is expressed in a mark from 0 to 20. 3) Approval in a course requires a final grade equal to or above 10. 4) Only those students who have obtained 60 ECTs on the scholar component of the program can proceed to the Supervised Teaching Practice. 5) For the evaluation of the Supervised Teaching Practice, please consult FCSH/NOVAs relevant regulations.
- Teaching English and Foreign Language in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of French
- Teaching English and Foreign Language in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of Spanish
- Teaching English in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of German