Teaching Portuguese Methodology II - 2nd semester
Achieving fundamental knowledge and procedures at a scientific and instructional competence level, as a precondition to quality of teaching; having a sustained knowledge of contents and methodologies of linguistic and literary analysis, required for a successful didactic transmission; reflecting upon different techniques for teaching language and literature; developing research and argumentation methods and practices.
Maria Antónia Coutinho
Weekly - 1,5 letivas + 0,5 tutorial
Total - Available soon
AGUIAR E SILVA, Vitor (2010). As Humanidades, os Estudos Culturais, o Ensino da Literatura e as Políticas de Língua Portuguesa. Coimbra: Almedina.
BERNARDES, José Cardoso e MATEUS, Rui Afonso (2013). Literatura e Ensino do Português . Lisboa: Fundação Francisco Manuel dos Santos .
DIONÍSIO, Maria de Lourdes e Rui Vieira de CASTRO (orgs.) (2005). O Português nas Escolas: Ensaios sobre a Língua e a Literatura no Ensino Secundário. Coimbra: Almedina.
FERREIRA, Carla (2012). Ensino das Literaturas de Língua Portuguesa: Percursos de Leitura da Narrativa. Lisboa: Centro de Literaturas e Culturas Lusófonas e Europeias da Faculdade de Letras.
PIEPER, Irene (2006). The Teaching of Literature: Premininary Study. Strasbourg: Language Policy Division Council of Europe. Documento digital: www.coe.int/t/dg4/linguistic/source/Pieper_fr (consultado a 18/07/2016).
VIEIRA, Maria do Carmo (2010). O Ensino do Português. Lisboa: Relógio D` Água Editores, Fundação Francisco Manuel dos Santos.
Students shall be encouraged to implement the acquired skills by means of practical activities, including the debate on different techniques of teaching language and literature.
Throughout the sessions, students shall be persuaded to read texts and to debate and share relevant ideas regarding the knowledge of contents and methodologies of linguistic and literary analysis. As a virtual complement, students will be advised to visit several web pages with educational interest.
In class teaching
Evaluation is divided in three parameters: active participation in class exercises (20%); oral presentation, in 20 minutes, of a didactic plan (40%); detailed written report (8 to 15 pages) of the didactic plan orally presented (40%).
1. Issues arising from the teaching practice.
2. The literatur in School curriculum: philosophy, structure and content.
3. Teaching activities: planning, implementation and assessment.
4. School textbooks and other educational materials.
5. Practical work on relevant issues of teaching literature: oral presentations
Programs where the course is taught:
- Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of German
- Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of Spanish
- Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education in the specialization area of English
- Masters in Teaching Portuguese in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education