Masters in Geography Teaching in the 3rd cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education
1) Knowing the guidelines of national education policy and its generic evolution;
2) Develop the capacity of suitability of pedagogical and didactic to the specific subject area of practice, levels of education, students and school environments;
3) Mobilize and apply scientific, cultural, pedagogical and didactic knowledge in the development of collaborative teaching and learning appropriate to the curricular documents activities but also the specifics of the students and school environments;
4) To develop scientific, technological, ethical and cultural knowledge and apply them in teaching practice;
5) Build didactic and pedagogical tools that allow skills development and the appropriate application of knowledge;
6) Enable the reasoning of judgments and didactic-pedagogic options taking into consideration relevant to the teaching of the subject of Geography in the 3rd cycle of basic education and secondary education in social, scientific and ethical aspects.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Completion of the Masters degree allows the holder to apply for the cycle of studies which leads to a Doctorate Degree. For the specific access requirements for doctoral programmes, consult the regulations governing the doctoral programmes at FCSH/NOVA.
José Afonso Teixeira; Carlos Ceia (Coordenador geral mestrados em ensino)
More information provided in the Call for Applications, available on www.fcsh.unl.pt
(see at https://www.fcsh.unl.pt/cursos/)
Length: 2 years / 4 semesters. Total credits: 120 credits (70 in course units of the study programme + 50 in the non-taught component).
To obtain the masters degree, the student must realize in accordance with Decree-Law 79/2014, 14th May, an introduction to professional practice which are assigned 50 credits (45 ECTS match Supervised Teaching Practice and 5 ECTS to the Seminar of Supervised Teaching Practice).
The degree of mestre corresponds to the level 7 of the NQF and EQF-National Qualifications Framework/European Qualifications Framework.
Conditions of admittance
Please consult the application call available at www.fcsh.unl.pt
1) No obligatory precedences for attending the programs courses. 2) Knowledge evalutation in the courses is individual and takes place at the end of each semester. The following tools will be considered: final oral and/or written assignments, papers or other assessment tools, in conditions to be agreed upon with each lecturer. The result of the evaluation is expressed in a mark from 0 to 20. 3) Approval in a course requires a final grade equal to or above 10. 4) Only those students who have obtained 60 ECTs on the scholar component of the program can proceed to the Supervised Teaching Practice. 5) For the evaluation of the Supervised Teaching Practice, please consult FCSH/NOVAs relevant regulations.
|722160055||Teaching Geography Methodology I - 1st semester||10|
|722160081||Teaching Geography Methodology II||10|
|722171259||Education, Curriculum and Multiculturalism - 2nd semester||5|
|722160082||Supervised Teaching Practice||45|
|722171257||Educational Psichology - 1st semester||10|
|722160080||Research Supervision Seminar||5|
|722171258||Education Systems and School Cultures - 2nd semester||5|
|722160079||Technologies in the Teaching of Geography - 1st semester||10|
|Elective option 1|
|722041025||Environment and Global Changes||10|
|722041029||Digital Cartography and Design - 1st semester||10|
|722041077||Environmental Hazards and Society - 1st semester||10|
|722041080||Mediterranean Ecosystem Degradation - 1st semester||10|
|722041034||Regional and Local Development||10|
|722041081||Energy and Environment - 2nd semester||10|
|722041047||Geography of Globalisation||10|
|722041085||Geographic Information Systems and Coastal Management - 2nd semester||10|
|722041089||Transport and Mobility - 2nd semester||10|