Methodologies in Languages Teaching - 1st semester
- To develop competencies in scientific research allowing the formal production of a PhD thesis;
- To introduce the methodology of advanced scientific research in view of the production of new knowledge;
- To communicate scientifically the results of an advanced research.
Weekly - 2
Total - Available soon
- Andrade, A. I. (1992). Didáctica da língua estrangeira: o ensino das línguas estrangeiras. Porto: Edições Asa.
- Ceia, C. (2013). Advanced Research Projects in the Humanities: New Trends on Literature, Languages, and
Linguistics Studies\". Sino-US English Teaching, 10, pp. 903-913. doi:ISSN 1539-8072; online: ISSN 1935-9675
- Cristina Mello, Antonino Silva, Clara Moura Lorenço, Lúcia Oliveira e Maria Helena Araújo e Sá. (2002).
Didáctica das línguas e literaturas em Portugal: contextos de emergência, condições de existência e modos de
desenvolvimento. Actas do I Encontro Nacional da SPDLL. Coimbra: Pé de Página Editores.
- Maria Helena Araújo e Sá, M. H. (2004). Transversalidades em didáctica das línguas. Aveiro: Universidade de
Classwork is both theoretical and practical and includes exposition, demonstration, joint discussion and
reflection on thecourse units´ topics and contents. Active student participation, both individually and in groups,
will be privileged. The modules that compose each course unit will be offered in the form of blended learning,
with limited classroom-based sessions scheduled at the opening of the course and online work to be carried
via e-learning platform.
Objectives, programmatic contents, resources and activities, as well as the assessment schedule, is stated in
the Research Learning Contract posted on the platform. The teaching work to be carried out will focus on the
practical implementation of the approaches, principles and concepts under consideration, facilitating the
learning process through observation and reflection.
Assessment is based on the frequency and quality of participation in classroom sessions, online forum
discussions and on individually submitted written works.
1. The epistemological questions
2. The advanced scientific research
3. The practical questions
4. The preparation and writing of a research project paper
5. Writing the thesis
6. The preparation of the public defense
Programs where the course is taught: