Heritage and Identities - 1st semester
Understand and discuss the concepts of \"heritage\" and \"identity (ies)\" when articulated.
Acquire and analyze information relating to the use of theory for understanding and criticize the problems
inherent in heritage as identity factor.
Acquire/develop skills for the identification and delineation of fields of knowledge and research leading to
disciplinary readings on heritage and identity(ies) in a contemporary context.
Know demonstrations of use of heritage as identity factor throughout the history of Portugal (case studies)
Encourage a requirement of rigor and research, combined with a critical attitude in the construction of
knowledge in oral and written support.
Carla Alferes Pinto
Weekly - 3 letivas + 1 tutorial
Total - Available soon
AUGÉ, Marc (2001) . Les formes de l´oubli. Paris: Éditions Payot & Rivages.
BETHENCOURT, Francisco; CURTO, Diogo Ramada (coord) (1987). A memória da nação. Lisboa: Sá da Costa.
CUSTÓDIO, Jorge (coord) (2010). 100 anos de património. Memória e identidade. Lisboa: IGESPAR.
GOODY, Jack (2006) . La peur des représentations. Paris: La Découverte.
HALBWACHS, Maurice (1997) . La mémoire collective. ed. Gérard Namer. Paris: Albin Michel.
HEINICH, Nathalie (2012) . La fabrique du patrimoine. Paris: Maison Sciences de l´Homme.
HOBSBAWM, Eric; RANGER, Terence (2004) . Línvention de la tradition. Paris: Éditions Amsterdam.
LE GOFF, Jacques (coord) (1998). Patrimoine et passions identitaires. Paris: Fayard.
TORGAL, Luís Reis; MENDES, Amado; CATROGA, Fernando (1996). História da história em Portugal (sécs.XIXXX). Lisboa: Círculo de Leitores.
TRAVERSO, Enzo (2005). Le passé, modes d´emploi. Histoire, mémoire, politique. Paris: La Fabrique Éditions.
The seminar will continue as classroom sessions and independent student work system.
The actual classes will be of theoretical and practical, alternating moments of theoretical exposition of themes,
concepts, vocabulary and methods specific area with the analysis and review of texts submitted by students.
The evaluation will consist of two activities of scientific discourse-oriented differentiated:
1. A writing study (10 pages) result of an individual being supported research an issue on which a state of the art will be undertaken and which should be addressed based on empirical information. The study will be valued at 40% of the final grade (one to eight values).
2. A set of three speeches in class (15minutes each) passed the writing, after the presentation and critique seminar. Each of the interventions will be recovered 20% of the final grade (one to four values), with 10% attributed to oral intervention and 10% to two-page summary.
1. History, memory, heritage, identity (s)
2. The \"objects\"-heritage
3. Constructing identities. The search for the Kingdom
a) The invading Romans, Goths and Muslims
b) The Renaissance and the ancient Lusitanian
c) The anti-Castilian reaction
d) The Academic \"lusitanismos\", regalism and episcopalism
e) The identity territory: the municipalities and the people
4. Constructing identities. Celebrate
a) The celebrations of Camões and Pombal (1880-1882)
b) The centenarians and the \"Mundo Português\" (1940)
c) The National Commission for the Commemoration of Portuguese Discoveries (1986-2002)
5. Heritage and identities. Builders
d) Literati and Poets
Programs where the course is taught: