Methodologies in Modern Literatures and Cultures - 1st semester
- To develop competencies in scientific research allowing the formal production of a PhD thesis;
- To introduce the methodology of advanced scientific research in view of the production of new knowledge;
- To obtain knowledge on Postcolonial Literature;
- To communicate scientifically the results of an advanced research.
Weekly - 2
Total - Available soon
- Ceia, C. (2012). Normas para Apresentação de Trabalhos Científicos (9ª ed. revista ed.). Lisboa: Presença.
- Ceia, C. (2013). Advanced Research Projects in the Humanities: New Trends on Literature, Languages, and Linguistics Studies\". Sino-US English Teaching, 10, pp. 903-913. doi:ISSN 1539-8072; online: ISSN 1935-9675
- Modern Language Association of America ( 1963-). MLA International Bibliography. WebSpirs ver. 3.1. Online Computer File. Norwood, MA: SilverPlatter Information, Inc.
- Owens W. R. and Delia da Sousa Correa (eds.) (2009). 2nd ed. The Handbook to Literary Research. London : Routledge [in Association with] the Open University.
Practical (40%) and theoretic (60%) classes, using technologies of information and communication, scientifc databases e library resources for social and human sciences research.
In class teaching.
Assesment: Presentation of a research paper (100%)
- The epistemological questions
- The advanced scientific research
- The practical questions
- Writing the thesis
- The preparation of the public defense
Programs where the course is taught: