Biotechnology of Animal Cells
- Establishment of Animal Cell Technology as a key area in the discovery and development of complex biopharmaceuticals, including recombinant proteins (e.g., monoclonal antibodies), vaccines and viral vectors for gene therapy.
- Relevance of stem cells as products of high therapeutic potential.
- Development of skills in cell culture technologies as in vitro models for basic research and preclinical trials (e.g., primary cultures of brain cells and hepatocytes for toxicology testing).
- Case studies and examples of biotechnological applications of Animal Cell Technology.
- Impact of Animal Cell Technology in Pharma and Small Biotech companies.
- Commercial exploitation of the areas of animal technology and its contextualization in the biotechnology market.
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
“Culture of Animal Cells: A Manual of Basic Technique and Specialized Applications”, R. Ian Freshney, Wiley-Blackwell, 6th edition, 2010
Animal Cell Technology: From Biopharmaceuticals to Gene Therapy, Castilho, Morais, Augusto e Butler (Ed), Taylor and Francis Group (Pub)
Tecnologia do Cultivo de Células Animais de Biofármacos e Terapia Gênica, Morais AM, Castilho L, Augustos EP (Eds), Editora Roca (Pub)
Artigo científicos publicados em revistas internacionais da especialidade com elevado impacto, por exemplo, Nature Biotechnology, Trends in Biotechnology, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, Tissue Engineering, Journal of Biotechnology, Gene Therapy.
Programs where the course is taught: