Digital Business Ecosystems
This interdisciplinary course provides a multidimentional exposure to the world of emerging technologies and digital startup ecosystems. It has the following objectives:
1. Provide awareness and interactions with the world of Startup Ecosystems.
2. Become aware of major ecosystem actors and develop a deeper understanding of the key factors for a successful ecosystem.
3. Develop a strong motivation towards a purpose driven approach to Entrepreneurship.
4. Develop ideation and idea validation techniques.
5. Master the use of digital technologies, and digital marketing for growth of your startup.
6. Develop awareness about the latest innovations and emerging technological trends.
7. Build awareness of the social, economic and political implications of a technology driven world where technologies, like big data, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, 3D printing, self driving cars, etc, are bringing about major disruptions but also future opportunities.
Aneesh Zutshi, António Carlos Bárbara Grilo
Weekly - 3
Total - Available soon
Awareness of internet based technologies and a open mind for critical questioning.
Relevant papers about the various topics of the programme.
The teaching methodology of this course has two main components: a component of Exploration and a component of Development.
In the first component, students are given a set of cross-cutting topics relevant and of the importance, impact and characteristics of digital businesses.
In the second component, students are required to deliver four assignments that require the implementation of the main theoretical concepts.
Evaluation will be done by conducting group work in which students will be asked to prepare the planning of a Digital Start Up, or the development of already established comapny into a digital business.
Evaluation will be done through the evaluation of results of the three elements:
Oral Presentation (30%),
Multimedia Presentation (20%),
Written Report (50%).
The work will be executed during classes and the presentation and submission of the elements will occur in the end of the lecturing period.
1. From Idea to Enterprise
Programs where the course is taught: