- The main characteristics of the different types of information.
- Image, audio and video analysis and processing algorithms.
- Choose the most appropriate format for a particular type of multimedia information.
- Define the architecture of a multimedia application.
- Program libraries for analysis, processing and visualization.
- Program analysis and processing algorithms.
- Program multimedia applications.
- Understand the multidisciplinary nature of the area and the relationship with other areas.
- Ability to manage and partially develop a multimedia project.
Nuno Manuel Robalo Correia
Weekly - 4
Total - Available soon
- Multimédia e Tecnologias Interactivas, Nuno Ribeiro, FCA, 2004 (2ª Edição, 2006).
- Tecnologias de Compressão Multimédia, Nuno Ribeiro e José Torres, FCA, 2009.
- Fundamentals of Multimedia, Ze-Niam Li, Mark S. Drew, Pearson, Prentice Hall, 2004.
- Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications, Rick Szeliski, Springer, 2010.
- Fundamentals of hearing, William Yost, AP, 2013 (5ª Edição)
- Additional readings will be provided during classes and through the course website (including lecture slides).
Programs where the course is taught: