Design of Solar and Photovoltaic Plants
João Miguel Murta Pina
Weekly - 4
Total - Available soon
This course requires the following previous knowledge:
- Electrical circuits'' theory.
- Consolidated notions of electrical charge, current, voltage, power and energy.
To the students of the Integrated MSc Course in Electrical and Computers Engineering:
- This course is not available for those who are participating (or already completed) the Technology of Renewable Energies course, from MIEEC.
Gilbert M. Masters, Renewable and Efficient Electric Power Systems, John Wiley&Sons, 2013 (Clip)
Christiana Honsberg and Stuart Bowden, www.pveducation.org
"Planning and installing photovoltaic systems: a guide for installers, architects and engineers", manual from GREENPRO project, 2004 (freely available on the Internet)
"Planning and Installing Solar Thermal Systems: A guide for installers, architects and engineers", manual from GREENPRO project, 2004 (freely available on the Internet)
C. Solanki, Solar Photovoltaics, Fundamentals, Technologies and Applications, 2nd Ed., PHI Learning, 2011
J. A. Duffie and W. A. Beckman, Solar Engineering of Thermal Processes, 4th Ed., Wiley, 2013
A. Luque and S. Hegedus, Handbook of Photovoltaic Science and Engineering, 2nd Ed., Wiley, 2011
Stuart R Wenham, Martin A Green, Muriel E Watt, Richard Corkish, “Applied Photovoltaics”, Earthscan, 2006.
• Solar resource.
• Solar thermal for water and air heating.
• Concentrated solar power.
• Semiconducting materials and photovoltaic conversion.
• Specific aspects of photovoltaic inverters.
• Grid tied systems.
• Off-grid systems with energy storage.
• Building integrated photovoltaics.
• Economic and financial aspects of photovoltaic plants.
• Regulatory framework and design guidelines.
• Operation and maintenance of photovoltaic plants.
• Impact of photovoltaic plants on the electric grid.
• Innovation in solar technologies.