Decision Support Models
- Introduce basic Decision Theory definitions;
- Present several different models used in Decision Support Systems;
- Introduce students to problems related to the subjectivity of Decision Making and how different methodologies handle those problems;
- Facilitate the students'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' contact with quasi-real Decision Making Processes by exposing them to small Case Studies. These Case Studies are usually inspired by real situations.
- Generalize Linear Programming to Multi-Objective approaches;
- Present several methods for finding Efficient Solutions in MOLP problems.
Maria Isabel Azevedo Rodrigues Gomes
Weekly - 4
Total - 56
Hillier, Lieberman, Introduction to Operations Research, Mc Graw - Hill, 10th ed (2015) - or any other edition
Goodwin, P. e Wright, G. – Decision Analysis for Management Judgement (2014 - 5th ed.) – John Wiley & Sons
Anderson et al – Quantitative Methods for Business (2001) – SW College Publicating
Saaty, T. L.– The Analytic Hierarchy Process: Planning, Priority Setting, Resource Allocation (1990) – RSW Publications
Steuer, R. E.– Multiple Criteria Optimizations: Theory, Computation, and Application (1986) – John Wiley & Sons
1 – One criterion decision:
Decision and Uncertainty;
Decision and Risk;
Sequential Decisions and Decision Trees;
Markov Decision Models;
2 – Multi Criteria Decision:
Compensatory Models – SMART and TOPSIS Techniques;
Non-Compensatory Model – ELECTRE Methodology;
Hierarchic Models – AHP.
3 – Multi Objective Optimization:
Solutions and Objectives. Dominance and Efficiency;
Aggregated Sums Models;
Weight Vectors Models;
Change of Scale;
Reduction of Feasible Region;
Interactive Models: STEM.
Programs where the course is taught: