Mechanical Engineering Drawing
To know and apply the graphical representation rules of the mechanical components and their assembling. Introduction to the computer aided drawing (2D).
António José Freire Mourão, João Manuel Vicente Fradinho
Weekly - 6
Total - 72
Desenho Técnico – Luís Veiga da Cunha – Ed. Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian;
Desenho Técnico Moderno – Arlindo Silva, Carlos Tavares Ribeiro, João Dias, Luís Sousa – Ed. Lidel;
Elements provided by professors.
The oral exposition is essentially the teaching method used, associated with sketches, schemes and resumes made by the teacher in the classroom blackboard. The video projector is also used in the classroom.The teacher solves some typical problems to teach the strategy of resolution to the students.
Then some practical problems are presented and the students have to answer them in the classroom in a period of time.
a) The evaluation of the students is done by two tests, examination and 7 practical works. 1st test in the week of 28/Oct.; 2nd test in the week of 02/Dec.
b) Attendance in the course presupposes the delivery and acceptance of at least two of the practical works TP1, TP4 and TP5 and at least one of the practical works TP3 and TP6.
c) Attendance is valid for one year.
d) Approval presupposes obtaining at least 10 values in the final exam.
e) Exemption of examination requires at least 10 values in the weighted average of the two tests (35% each) and TP2 and TP7 (15% each). TP2 in the week of 21/Oct.; TP7 in the week of 25/Nov. In this case, the value thus calculated, constitutes the final classification.
1) Rules for graphical representation of mechanical components.
2) Representation through orthogonal projections.
3) Sectional views.
4) Intersections of solids, and development of surfaces.
5) Axonometric perspectives (isometric, diametric and trimetric)
6) Dimensioning, and functional dimensioning.
7) Representation of the machine elements.
8) Fundamentals of the tolerances and surface roughness.
9) Assembly set drawings, with standard components.
10) Introduction to computer aided design (2D), with free software.
Programs where the course is taught: