Molecular Bases of Disease
To acquire knowledge and skills about the biochemical mechanisms underlying human disease.
- To understand metabolic processes and associated pathologies.
- To be able to relate biochemical mechanisms with associated pathologies
- To acquire knowledge and skills on a seminar context and to be able to develop critical analysis, using the scientific literature.
- To be able to search and critically interpret the literature.
Ligia Raquel Mendonça Faria Marques Saraiva Teixeira, Paula Alexandra Quintela Videira
Weekly - 5
Total - 70
- Robbins Basic Pathology, 10th Edition, 2018, by Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Abul K. Abbas, MBBS and Jon Aster, MD. ISBN: 9780323353175
-Essential Concepts in Molecular Pathology. (2010) William B. Coleman and Gregory J. Tsongalis (Eds), Academic Press.
-Molecular Basis of Health and Disease (2011) Undurti N. Das, Springer.
- Molecular aspects underlying several diseases. t includes injury and cellular homeostasis, genetic deficits, changes in metabolism, inflammation and infection, cancer and aging. Seminars on various diseases: metabolic, immune, cardiovascular, infectious, rare diseases, cancer and aging.
- Current therapies and methodologies in the context of understanding of human diseases.
Lectures can be given in Portuguese or English.