The main objective is to provide students with an overview of the use of molecular technologies in medicine and the relevance of Biomedicine in research.
Specifically, to investigate application of molecular structures in biomedicine: diagnostics and therapeutics; biomedical applications; smart design; nanotechnology for biomedicine.
Maria Alexandra Núncio de Carvalho Ramos Fernandes, Pedro Miguel Ribeiro Viana Baptista
Weekly - 2
Total - 26
New Advances on Disease Biomarkers and Molecular Targets in Biomedicine; 2013; ISBN-13: 978-1627034555 ISBN-10: 1627034552
Biomedicine; 2012; ISBN 978-953-51-0352-3
Systems Biomedicine: Concepts and Perspetives; 2009; ISBN: 978-0-12-372550-9
Complex Systems Science in Biomedicine; 2006; ISBN: 978-0-387-30241-6; 978-0-387-33532-2
- Molecular mechanisms in cell control
- Molecular actuators
- Smart design of molecular structures
- Biosensing applications
- Molecular therapeutics
- Therapeutic nucleic acids: gene silencing and dose compensation
- in vitro models
- in vivo models
- Drug discovery, development and validation
- Bionanotechnology and Bionanomachines
- Regenerative systems
- Translation, ethical and societal impact, regulation.
Programs where the course is taught: