Analysis of Variance
1. To design and conduct an experiment that exhibits both a treatment design and randomization design that allow for the testing of differences between the levels of a single or multiple treatment of interest.
2. Given a description of an experiment, to identify common design elements.
3. To specify an appropriate statistical model for observations resulting from a designed experiment exhibiting the elements in Learning Objective 2.
4. To Identify estimable terms in a statistical model for an experiment, find the least squares estimator of estimable terms, and specify the statistical distribution of the estimator.
5. To conduct and correctly interpret statistical hypothesis tests for the overall effect of a treatment and for the effects of contrasts.
6. To employ methods for multiple comparisons to control the experiment error rate when multiple hypothesis tests are conducted.
7. To examine model assumptions using residual plots and a description of the experiment.
Docente a designar
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
- Dean, A., Voss, D. (1999), Design and Analysis of Experiments. Springer
The curricular unit is based on theoretical and practical lessons. A variety of instructional strategies will be applied, including lectures, slide show demonstrations, step-by-step applications (with and without software), questions and answers. The sessions include presentation of concepts and methodologies, solving examples, discussion and interpretation of results. The practical component is geared towards solving problems and exercises, including discussion and interpretation of results. A set of exercises to be completed independently in extra-classroom context is also proposed.
1st call: project (40%), first round exam (60%)
2nd call: final exam (100%)
1. Principle and techniques
2. Planning experiments
3. Inferences for Contrasts and Treatment Means
4. Checking Model Assumptions
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Post-Graduation in Marketing Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Marketing Research e CRM