Business Intelligence II
The main goal of the Business Intelligence II course that we now initiate is to give the students the knowledge and competences related with decision support capacities provided by the Business Intelligence processes and the supporting Data Warehouses, including the Business Intelligence development methodologies and the nowadays available information technologies in the field of Business Analytics and Performance Management.
Rui Alberto Ferreira Martins Monteiro
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
Business Intelligence I
Turban E.; Sharda R.; Dursun D. and King D. (2011). Business Intelligence: a managerial approach. Second Edition. Prentice Hall, ISBN: 013610066X. ; Howson, C. (2008). Successful business intelligence : secrets to making BI a killer app. McGraw Hill. ISBN 978-0-07-149851-7; Few, Stephen (2006). Information Dashboard Design: The Effective Visual Communication of Data. Sebastopol, CA: O¿Reilly Media. ISBN 0596100167; Eckerson, Wayne W. (2006). Performance Dashboards: Measuring, Monitoring, and Managing Your Business. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0750661747; 0
This course will include lectures and labs.
In the lectures will consist of theoretical concepts, case studies and presentations from leading BI vendors.
The applied component of the course will include several computer labs where students will apply the concepts and theories presented in lectures leveraging the Microsoft Business Intelligence Platform (SQL Server, SQL Business Intelligence Development Studio).
In this context the students will have to develop a project.
The assessment includes:
b) Final Exam
Final grade calculated based on the following formula:
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate in Information Systems Governance
- PostGraduate in Intelligence Management and Security
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Post-Graduation in Marketing Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Marketing Research e CRM