Software Aberto e Programação em SIG
This course is intended to be an introduction to GIS programming and scripting for geoprocessing using Python programming language. Python use in GIS has become more and more common not only because of the availability of tools and software that support it (Esri's ArcGIS and QuantumGIS are just a few examples) but also due to the ease of learning and simplicity of the language itself.
This course is intended to be an introduction to Python and its use for GIS, not requiring prior programming knowledge.
The objectives of this course unit are:
Understanding the basics of the Python language
Know how to apply the most common geoprocessing algorithms by using a scripting language, replacing the traditional point & click.
Be able to implement geoprocessing algorithms in distinct GIS environments (proprietary and open source).
Roberto André Pereira Henriques
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
- Lutz , M. (2007) Learning Python, 3rd Edition. O'Reilly Media
- Sherman, G. (2012) The Geospatial Desktop: Open Source GIS & Mapping. Locale Press
Synchronous - Synchronous Sessions, self-assessment exercises.
Asynchronous tools - Discussion Forum. Access to Content Platform.
Classroom component (which may be replaced by videoconference):
Presentation and discussion of the Final Project
1. Python Programming
- Introduction to Programming
- Python basics
- Functions and control structures
- Strings, Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries
- File I / O
- Introduction to GIS objects
- Manipulating data in ArcGIS
- Using tools of ArcGIS
- Using several modules and libraries for processing geographic data