Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
The Master Program in Information Management, with a specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management, is ranked as the best Master degree Program in Information Systems Management in Portugal and the 2nd best in Western Europe by Eduniversal, international agency that publishes an annual ranking of the best Master degree programs and MBA in the world.
It is aimed at those who have roles in Information Systems (IS), namely managers and experts in the coordination and development of IS projects, IT auditing, quality control and strategic management of IS.
The after working hours format t is particularly aimed at professionals who intend to make their studies compatible with their professional activity.
The main goal of this program is to train technical staff and managers, to be able to:
- Develop strategies, methods and tools for knowledge management and information systems;
- Analyze the contexts of organizations and their significance in establishing innovative methods based on the - most recent technological advances;
- Master the processes and tools used to store, organize and to access information in business;
- Use the information as an organization’s key asset and its use to reduce uncertainty related to decision-making;
- Create and develop information systems and technologies that meet the information needs of organizations.
Applications - academic year 2019/2020
To complete the application, the applicant must register in NOVA IMS' Applications Portal, fill the form, upload their Curriculum Vitae, pay the application fee (€ 51), and submit the application in the end, until May 9th. The selection process is based on the analysis of the applicant's academic and professional curriculum.
Access to other programs
Access to Doctoral Program.
For the conclusion of the curricular component, it is necessary to obtain a minimum of 60 credit units (ECTS). The curricular component of the program includes two semesters and corresponds to a postgraduate program diploma.
To earn the Master degree program in Information Management, with a specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management, the student must develop a scholarly thesis, work project or a professional internship, carried out in the third semester.
This path is an option of
Conditions of admittance
The requirements for the applications are: a degree in a compatible field (complete until September 2019); analysis of the applicants' academic and professional curriculum.
|2º year - Spring semester|