Today, many businesses are digital or trying to be, turning all the services that are linked to them a source of data of an extreme dimension. With multiple touchpoints in a customer journey, it¿s vital for organizations to invest in analytics to understand and even predict the behavior of users in digital platforms. This information is a source of knowledge that can be a critical factor for the organization¿s success. The main objective of this course is the (A) application of quantitative methodologies to the data generated and its (B) integration with other sources of data by websites, web applications, mobile applications and other digital platforms. Furthermore, to (C) explore how these analyses and knowledge can be incorporated in the decision processes to growth revenue and ROI.
Bruno Filipe Santos Amaral
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
- Hunt, Ben (2011) -Convert!: Designing Web Sites to Increase Traffic and Conversion-. Wiley publishing, inc.
- Brent Dykes (2 011) -Web Analytics Action Hero: Using Analysis to Gain Insight and Optimize Your Business-. Peachpit
- Davenport, Thomas H.; Harris, Jeanne G.; Morison, Robert (2010) -Analytics at Work: Smarter Decisions, Better Results-. Harvard Business School Publishing Corporation
- Avinash Kaushik (2010) -Web Analytics 2.0: The Art of Online Accountability and Science of Customer Centricity-. Wiley publishing, inc.
- Brian Clifton (2 012) -Advanced Web Metrics with Google Analytics, 3nd Edition-. John Wiley & Sons Alistair Croll and Benjamin Yoskovitz (2013) -Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster-. O-Reilly
- Eric Siegel (2016) -Predictive Analytics: The Power to Predict Who Will Click, Buy, Lie, or Die-. Wiley publishing, inc.
- Anil Maheshwari (2018) Data Analytics Made Accessible?. Amazon Digital Services LLC
Theoretical classes for introducing the basic concepts of Digital Analytics.
Presentation and discussion of practical situations.
Practical classes with exercises.
Development of group project.
The evaluation will be based on the class participation and attendance, a group project and also a formal final examination.
The group project must be done in groups of 4 or 5 students. Each project should have the maximum of 20 pages and 5000 words excluded appendix.
The formal final examination will include questions covering all subjects addressed during the term. It will include theoretical questions that represent about 60% and practical ones that represents 40% of the points.
To pass a minimum of 9.5 out of 20 points must be obtained in the final exam.
Final grade calculation (both for 1 st and 2 nd Period):
- 50% Group Project
- 50% Exam
- +5% plus for class participation and attendance
1. Overview of analytics
2. The awesome world of clickstream analytics: metrics
3. Online advertising metrics and Funnel Conversion
4. Analytics Framework
- Analytics Thinking
- Objectives definition
- Practical applications
5. Google Analytics as a day-to-day tool
- Introduction to Google Analytics
- Audience reports
- Acquisition reports
- Content reports
- Account and property configuration
- Advanced Segments and Filters
- Site objectives
- A/B Testing (Experiments)
- Reports Personalization: practical applications
- Multi-channel Funnels
- Practical applications
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate in Digital Enterprise Management
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Post-Graduation in Marketing Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Marketing Research e CRM
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Information Systems