Business Process Management
The course main objective is to study the Business Process Management inside organizations separating the technological management and organizational management aspects.
Additionally, will be addressed some muilti, trans and interdisciplinary concerns as the Business Process Management study involves multiple perspectives and concepts that include diverse knowledge fields.
At the end of this unit the student should be able to:
- Explain the critical factors to success in process oriented management
- Develop an organizational strategy.
- Develop a process architecture.
- Integrate BMP in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Describe and explain a Business Process Management project
- Use systems and BPM technologies.
- Compare BPM approaches
Frederico Miguel Campos Cruz Ribeiro de Jesus
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
Basic knowledge of management and information systems
- Hill, C. W. L. and G. R. Jones (2007). Strategic Management: An Integrated Approach. Boston, Houghton Mifflin.
- Grant, R. M. (2008). Contemporary Strategy Analysis: Concepts, Techniques, Applications. Cambridge, MA, BlackwellPublishers.
- BPMG (2005). In Search of BPM Excellence, Meghan-KifferPress.
- Harmon, P. (2007). Business Process Change, Elsevier Ltd.
- Jeston, J. and J. Nelis(2008). Business Process Management -Practical Guidelines to Successful Implementations, Elsevier Ltd.
- Academic and professional sources.
- Teaching based on lectures and practical classes. The lectures are, in essence, for expository sessions, which serve to introduce the fundamental concepts of BPM associated with each of the topics. The practical classes are based on the analysis, design and implementation of theoretical concepts, using the computers and software
- Teaching Methods
. - Expository and interrogative teaching: lectures and discussions.
- Declarative: tutorials tools;
- Active and participative: case studies, participation in project teams, use of BPM systems and technologies
Evaluation: Theoretical test (50%) + Practical Work (50%).
1.The perspective of Business Processes
b.Introduction to BPM
c.Key success factors
a.Modeling @ Design Disciplines
- Introduction the BPMN 2.0
-.introduction to BPMN Tool (Bizagi)
f.Enterprise Process Management (EPM)
3.Processes and Information Systems Architecture
b)Process versus organizational competences
f)Alignment between processes and IS
4.BPM Systems and Technologies
a.Technologies to support modulation and analysis
b.Technologies to support the implementation
c.Technologies to support management decisions, performance measurement business and administrative activities
d.Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Major in Business Analytics
- Major in Data Science
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate in Digital Enterprise Management
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate in Information Systems Governance
- PostGraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Post-Graduation in Marketing Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Marketing Research e CRM
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Information Systems