Public Health Seminar I
- Describe the historical evolution of the concept of Public Health and the current challenges ;
- Identify key determinants of health and health inequalities ;
- Know the relevance of Health in All Policies and action throughout the life cycle;
- Identify communication and motivation strategies to defend and promote health ;
- Know the basics and key issues of the science of implementation and knowledge translation ;
- Know the use of methods for a health diagnosis and health planning ;
- Integrate the contribution of several disciplines and sectors for action in Public Health.
Maria Isabel Guedes Loureiro
Weekly - Available soon
Total - 56
Frequency of the Doctoral Program in Public Health
- LOUREIRO, I.; MIRANDA, N. – Promover a saúde: dos fundamentos à acção. Coimbra: Almedina. 3ª edição. 2018.
– LAST, J. M.; SOSKOLNE, C. L. – Human health in a changing world. In: Wallace, R.B. (ed lit.) – Public Health & Preventive Medicine. 5th edition. New York: McGrawHill Medical. 2008. 925-937.
– LEPPO, K., et al. (eds.) – Health in All Policies. Seizing opportunities, implementing policies. Helsinky: Ministry of Social Affairs and Health. 2013.
– CRISP, et al (coord.) – Um futuro para a saúde. Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, 2014.
– KICKBUSCH, I.; GLEICHER, D. –Governance for health in the 21st century. Geneva: WHO. 2012
- Presentation of contents with debate;
- Thematic seminars, preparation of presentations by the students -
- Preparation of an individual test and discussion in tutorial context;
− Work on developing a portfolio throughout the sessions to reflect on the concept, scope and responsibility in Public Health