Action Strategies and Health Planning
1. Know the models and steps of the health planning process.
2. Know the main features of health strategic matrix.
3. Know the main sources of national and international information with interest for Public Health practice, as the main strategies of data analysis and other essentials instruments for the planning process.
4. Identify the main health problems, determinants and needs of a population;
5. Identify the suitable instruments for health priorities definitions.
6. Identify the essentials principles for health take decisions.
7. Define objectives and health indicators.
8. Produce action strategies in health.
9. Evaluate health action plans, programs and projects.
10. Apply monitoring and evaluation instruments in health.
Weekly - Available soon
Total - 28
1 – Lectures with discussion of case studies relevant to the topic under discussion.
2 – Discussion on local health strategies concerning health problems and health in specific populations.
3 – Prepare, in a work group, a health program or project addressed to a specific population.
1. Health action strategies.
2. Health planning process.
3. Health planning models.
4. Health information and planning: databases health information systems; main strategies of data analysis.
5. Health problems and health needs.
6. Health situation diagnosis, health priorities and take decisions.
7. From diagnoses to action: strategies, objectives and intervention.
8. Planning interventions: health action plans, programs and projects.
9. Health monitoring and evaluation.
10. Planning process in contingency situations.
11. National, Regional e Local Health Plans.
12. Local health strategies.
13. Produce action plans, written reports and managing documents.
Programs where the course is taught: