Health services organization and management
The main goal of the unit is to review with the future public health doctors concepts relevant health services organization and management in Portugal.
By the end of the unit, students should be able to:
– Be familiar with the structure of the Portuguese NHS;
– Be familiar with the fundamental concepts in terms of: information systems in health care, resource management, including financing, financial analysis and management, activity management, performance assessment, quality and strategic management and leadership in health care organizations
Weekly - Available soon
Total - 20
– Amaral, L.; Varajão, J. Planeamento de Sistemas de informação. FCA – Editora de Informática. 2007.
– Bodenheimer, T.; Grumbach, K. – Reimbursing physicians and hospitals. JAMA. 272: 12 (1994) 971-977.
– Mintzberg H, Lampel J, Quinn JB, Ghoshal S. The strategy process: concepts, contexts, cases. 4th edition. New York: Pearson Education; 2003.
– Iezzoni, LI. The risks of risk adjustment. JAMA. 1997 Nov 19; 278 (19):1600-7.
– USA. IOM - Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st Century. Washington, DC: Institute of Medicine, 2001.
– Interactive sessions, with working groups and case studies
– Attendance and class participation (10%)
– Discussion of articles (30%)
– Final individual evaluation (60%)
– Structure and organization of health care services in Portugal, particularly in the National Health Service
– Information systems in health care,
– Resource management,
– Financing, financial analysis and management,
– Activity management,
– Performance assessment,
– Quality in health care, and
– Strategic management and leadership in health care organizations
Programs where the course is taught: