Work Project in Heritage
It is intended that the student will:
1. Acquire conceptual, methodological and cultural skills, allowing students to develop their academic
performance or start a professional career in the area.
2. Compile a relevant state of art regarding the students area of investigation.
3. Learn how to organise ideas and present results in a clear and proper way.
4 Be able to issue reasoned diagnostic and organize projects within theoretical frameworks, comparability and
Professor a definir - FCSH #1
Weekly - Available soon
Total - 1540
Depende da natureza de cada investigação mas importa referir os elementos que constam da orientação
subjacente ao Seminário de Acompanhamento.
 LEROI-GOURHAN, André (2012). Le geste et la parole. I.Technique et langage. Paris: Albin Michel.
 ARON, Raymond (2010). As etapas do pensamento sociológico. Lisboa: D.Quixote, 9ª ed.
 LEROI-GOURHAN, André (2012). Le geste et la parole. II. La mémoire et les rythmes. Paris: Albin Michel.
 FOUCAULT, Michel (2008). L´archéologie du savoir. Paris: Gallimard.
 BOURDIEU, Pierre (1985). La distinction. Critique sociale du jugement. Paris: Éditions de Minuit.
 SILVA, Augusto Santos; PINTO, José Madureira (orgs.) (2014). Metodologia das ciências sociais. Porto: Edições Afrontamento, 16ª ed.
 NORA, Pierre (coord) (1997). Science et conscience du patrimoine . Paris: Fayard.
 CUSTÓDIO, Jorge (coord) (2010). 100 anos de património. Memória e identidade. Lisboa: IGESPAR.
Work Project is supervised by one of the academic staff members of Master in Cultural Heritage, following the
principles of tutorial supervision previewed in the regulation of Master programmes.
Students will carry out a work project according to one out of two alternatives:
1. Designing a research project about a topic relevant to the field of Cultural Heritage, appropriated to conduct a research leading to a doctoral degree.
2. In specific situations, design and development of an original application needed to respond to social,
cultural and / or economic purposes.
The Work Project will be shown as a descriptive essay written by the student describing the project objectives and (s) context (s) of application, identifying potential target groups, analyzing and interpreting scientific and technical literature regarding the scope of the project, presenting the results and justifying material and human resources allocated for its implementation.
Programs where the course is taught: