To perform at level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (Basic user).
The students should be able to :
1. understand overall short and very simple authentic oral documents, recognizing
familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases .
2. understand overall short and simple authentic written texts (notices, flyers, or
posters), recognizing familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases .
3. produce short and very simple oral sentences, as well as to interact orally (familiar
4. write coherent and very simple texts (write a postcard, fill in a form),
5. develop linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences necessary to achieve
different communicative tasks (level A1 of the Common European Framework of
6. acquire knowledge about Francophone cultures for an awareness of interculturality
Âzar Babasafari Renani, Jean-Pierre Antoine Leger
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
CHAHI, F. et alii (2018). Défi 1, niveau A1. Paris: EMDL
CAQUINEAU-GÜNDÜZ, M.-P. (2005). Les exercices de grammaire, niveau A1. Paris:
MIQUEL, C. (2018). Communication progressive du français A1. Paris: Clé International
MIQUEL, C. (2017). Vocabulaire progressif du français, nouvelle édition. Paris: Clé
MIQUEL, C. (2005). Grammaire en dialogues (débutant). Paris: Clé International
Communicative method (with action-oriented approach) seeking to stimulate
interaction and engender increasingly autonomous learning.
Intercultural approach which raises the student’s awareness of cultural diversity
carrying out tasks which draw on communicative competences.
Frequent use of the ICT
In class teaching
2 written tests (60%) + 1 oral presentation (20%)(80%), active participation during classes (10%) + homework (10%)(20%)
The course resolves around various topics (family, body, leisure, transports) and
1. Listening and reading activities from (semi)authentic documents.
2. Oral interaction activities : simulation of authentic oral communication situations.
3. Speaking and writing activities, especially descriptive and dialogical texts.
4. Various activities for the acquisition of grammar and vocabulary necessary to
achieve different communicative tasks (articles, gender and number morphology,
subject pronouns, possessive and demonstrative adjectives, adverbs, conjugation of
most usual verbs in present tense, notion of time and localization, affirmative and
negative sentences and interrogative sentences)