To perform at level B1 (partly) of the Common European Framework of Reference for
Languages (independent user).
The students should be partly able to:
1. understand overall various types of authentic oral documents (familiar matters)
2. understand overall various types of authentic written texts (familiar matters)
3. produce coherent and simple oral speeches (familiar matters), communicating
experiences, feelings and personal opinions, as well as to interact orally in the same
4. write relatively coherent and simple texts (familiar matters), communicating
experiences, feelings and personal opinions
5. develop linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences necessary to achieve
different communicative tasks (level B1 of the Common European Framework of
6. acquire knowledge about Francophone cultures for an awareness of interculturality.
Cristina Clemente Monteiro
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
AVANZI, A. et alii (2016). Entre Nous 3. Paris, Ed. Maison des Langues. (unidades 1 a 4)
CAQUINEAU-GÜNDÜZ, M.-P. (2005). Les exercices de grammaire, niveau B1. Paris:
REY-DEBOVE, J. (2002). Dictionnaire du Français. Paris: Le Robert - Clé International
ANCION, N. (2014). La cravate de Simenon. Paris : Didier.
Atividades diversas provenientes dos sítios TV5 (http://www.tv5.org/cms/chaine-
francophone/lf/p-26292-Langue-francaise.htm) e RFI
Communicative method (with action-oriented approach) seeking to stimulate
interaction and engender increasingly autonomous learning.
Intercultural approach which raises the student’s awareness of cultural diversity
carrying out tasks which draw on communicative competences.
Frequent use of the ICT
In class teaching
1 oral presentation(20%), 2 written tests(60%), active participation during classes (10%) + homework (10%)(20%)
The course resolves around various topics (television, reality-shows, images
importance, tourism and travels, holidays, theater, cultural activities, music, ecology
etc.) and presents :
1. Listening and reading activities from authentic documents (newspaper articles, TV
2. Activities of written/oral interaction: simulation of authentic oral communication
3. Speaking and writing activities of various text types (descriptive, narrative,explanatory, argumentative and dialogical), especially explanatory texts
4. Various activities for the acquisition and strengthening of grammar and vocabulary
necessary to achieve different communicative tasks (past tenses, conditionnal ,
subjunctive, use of past participles, gerund, possessive pronouns, complement
pronouns, prepositions, adverbs formation, levels of language, hypothetical sentences,
logical connectors (time, cause, condition), intonation).