To perform at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (independent user).
The students should be fully able to:
1. develop oral comprehension ability to analysis of long and complex discourses (conferences, debates, interviews) from several Francophone countries.
2. acquire academic models of writing that will enable the student to develop critical thinking, to explain reasoning in a clear and detailed manner and substantiate interpretations.
3. acquire, for an awareness of interculturality, knowledge related to the cultural and literary life in francophone countries for a better understanding of nowadays French society and its ties with the Francophone countries.
4. consolidate linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences necessary to achieve different communicative tasks (level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference).
Âzar Babasafari Renani, Telmo Jorge de Castro Verdelho
Weekly - 4
Total - 168
Avanzi, A. et alii (2017), Entre nous 4. Paris : Maison des langues
Durietz, S. et alii (2015), Saison 4. Paris : Didier
Heu-Boulehat, E. et alii (2015), Édito B2. Paris : Didier
Barthe, M. et alii (2010), Le français par les textes II. Grenoble : Presses universitaires
Bretonnier, M. et alii (2007), Les clés du nouveau DELF. Paris : Maison des langues
Nothomb, A. (1999), Stupeur et tremblements. Paris : Albin Michel
Communicative method (with action-oriented approach) seeking to stimulate
interaction and promote increasingly autonomous learning.
Intercultural approach which broadens the student’s awareness of cultural diversity.
Carrying out tasks which draw on communicative competences.Frequent use of the
In class teaching
class participation(25%), oral presentation(15%), two written tests(60%)
Classes cover several topics related to ecology and environmental problems, exile and migration, discrimination, distance education, social movements and manifestation,
experiences and emotions. Tasks are designed to improve communicative
competences and develop critical thinking. The course presents activities such as :
1. study and presentation of a contemporary French-language novel chosen by the
students and debate on the topics covered.
2. projection of the films Entre les murs and Tanguy and critical analysis of featured
3. construction of an autobiographical narrative focusing on the student's school path.
4. introduction to the dissertation and awareness of the historical and cultural aspects
of this model of academic writing.
4. various activities for the strengthening of grammar and vocabulary necessary to
achieve different communicative tasks