To acquire the psychological foundations for the work of the teacher.
The student should be able to use theoretical models in the understanding of the phenomena of education, article reading, analysis and evaluation of practical cases and the creation of alternative courses of action in educational intervention.
João Manuel Nunes da Silva Nogueira
Weekly - 3
Total - 280
Arends, R. I. (2008). Aprender a ensinar (7ª ed.). Lisboa: McGraw-Hill.
Curwin, R. L. & Mendler, A. N. (2000). Discipline with dignity. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.
Kaplan, J. S. (1995). Beyond behavior modification: A cognitive-behavioral approach to behavior management in the school (3rd ed.). Austin, TX: PROED.
Pajares, F. M.(2009). http://www.uky.edu/~eushe2/Pajares/self-efficacy.html
Petty, G. (2009). Evidence-based teaching (2nd ed.). Cheltenham, Uk: Nelson Thornes.
Skinner, B. F. (1989). Questões recentes na Análise Comportamental. Campinas: Papirus.
Tauber, R. T. (1999). Classroom management (3rd ed.). Westport, Connecticut: Bergin & Garvey.
Veiga, F. H. (coord.)(2013). Psicologia da educação: Teoria, investigação e aplicação. Lisboa: Climepsi.
Wong, H. K, & Wong, R.T. (1998). The First days of school. Mountain View, CA: H.K. Wong.
Woolfolk, A. (2012). Educational psychology (12th ed.). Boston, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
Discussion in class. Paper Presentations.
Visioning and discussing classroom situations.
Final self-evaluative reflection (5%).(5%), Task analysis of a case of indiscipline (individual work: 65%)(65%), The assessment includes the presentation of a paper to the class in Pecha Kucha mode - 20 slides x 20 seconds (group work: 30%)(30%)
Psychology as a science. Psychology and teacher training: the psychology of learning and development as basis for the work of the teacher. Communication, discipline and classroom management: Kaplan´s task analysis model. Behavioral models of learning (classical conditioning and operant conditioning).
Bandura´s Social cognitive theory. Cognitive development and intelligence. Piaget´s theory. Socio-cognitive and emotional development. The theory of instruction of Jerome Bruner.
The first day with a new class.
Programs where the course is taught:
- Área de Especialização de Alemão
- Área de Especialização de Espanhol
- Área de Especialização de Francês
- Área de Especialização em Alemão
- Área de Especialização em Espanhol
- Área de Especialização em Francês
- Área de Especialização em Inglês
- Master in Teaching of Musical Education in Elementary Education
- Master in Philosophy Teaching in Secondary Education
- Master in Teaching Geography in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education
- Master in Teaching History in the 3rd Cycle of Basic Education and in Secondary Education
- Master in English Teaching in the 3rd cycle of Basic School and in Secondary School
- Master in Portuguese Teaching in the 3rd Cycle of Basic School and in Secondary School