Master in Portuguese Teaching in the 3rd Cycle of Basic School and in Secondary School
- To know the guidelines of national educational policy and the methodologies of educational research;
- To apply pedagogical, didactic and methodological knowledge to curricula and pedagogical practices;
- To adjust pedagogical and didactic practices to different specific subjects, educational levels, students and school environments;
- To apply scientific, cultural, pedagogical and didactic knowledge to teaching-learning activities, according to curricular and programmatic objectives, to the students and school environments specificities;
- To reflect on ethical, social and cultural implications, concerning teaching activity within contemporary world, national educational policy and training for active citizenship;
- To develop learning and research abilities available for life-long learning, training and professional development.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Completion of the Masters degree allows the holder to apply for the cycle of studies which leads to a Doctorate Degree. For the specific access requirements for doctoral programmes, consult the regulations governing the doctoral programmes at FCSH/NOVA.
Helena Virgínia Topa Valentim
Length: 2 years / 4 semesters. Total credits: 120 credits (70 in course units of the study programme + 50 in the non-taught component).
To obtain the masters degree, the student must realize in accordance with Decree-Law 79/2014, 14th May, an introduction to professional practice which are assigned 50 credits (45 ECTS match Supervised Teaching Practice and 5 ECTS to the Seminar of Supervised Teaching Practice).
The degree of mestre corresponds to the level 7 of the NQF and EQF-National Qualifications Framework/European Qualifications Framework.
Conditions of admittance
1) No obligatory precedences for attending the programs courses. 2) Knowledge evalutation in the courses is individual and takes place at the end of each semester. The following tools will be considered: final oral and/or written assignments, papers or other assessment tools, in conditions to be agreed upon with each lecturer. The result of the evaluation is expressed in a mark from 0 to 20. 3) Approval in a course requires a final grade equal to or above 10. 4) Only those students who have obtained 60 ECTs on the scholar component of the program can proceed to the Supervised Teaching Practice. 5) For the evaluation of the Supervised Teaching Practice, please consult FCSH/NOVAs relevant regulations.
|722160036||Teaching of Literature in Portuguese||5.0|
|722160033||Portuguese Didactics I||10.0|
|722160035||Portuguese Didactics II||5.0|
|722171259||Education Curriculum and Multiculturalism||5.0|
|722131097||Specific Methodologies for Second Language Teaching||10.0|
|722160088||Supervised Teaching Practice in Portuguese Teaching||45.0|
|722160087||Research Supervision Seminar in Portuguese Teaching||5.0|
|722171258||Education Systems and School Cultures||5.0|
|Opções Condicionadas (a)|
|722131101||Language Acquisition and Language Impairment||10.0|
|722131102||Language Development in Multilingual Contexts||10.0|
|722131084||Portuguese Grammar and Teaching||10.0|
|722091158||Classical Matrices in Portuguese Culture||10.0|
|722091124||Themes in Portuguese Culture||10.0|
|722091126||Themes of Literature in Portuguese||10.0|
|722131077||Text Theory||10.0||Mandatory ECTS number: 20|