Soft Skills for Science and Technology
This course is designed to help students develop the skills that are relevant to access the job market.
Students are introduced to soft skills relevant for the Science and Technology area.
Ruy Araújo da Costa
Weekly - 5
Total - Available soon
This course has no prerequisites.
- Costa, R., Kullberg, J., Fonseca, J., Martins; N., “Competências Transversais para Ciências e Tecnologia – FCT/UNL” (2013)
Online course based on Zoom and Moodle platforms.
Topics will be presented in 3 theoretical-practical sessions and 11 practical sessions (each lasting 3 hours).
- in each 2h theoretical-practical session we present the topic’s fundamentals, the most common mistakes to be avoided and the main tools that can be used during the theme’s exploration.
Assessment of this course takes into account both the weekly individual and group work, as well as tests carried out in moodle e-learning platform, in a controlled environment.
1 – Punctuality is required.
2 – If a student does NOT attend at least 8 practical lessons AND a total of 11 of all (practical and theoretical-practical) lessons (s)he will fail the course.
3 – Evaluation is carried out exclusively with activities during classes. There are no exams.
4 – No activities will be repeated, and no grade adjustments will be made for students that missed any given lesson.
5 – Special justifications for missing any lesson may be reported to the Course Coordination.
6 – Assessment envolves: Participation (15%), Individual Work (37.5%) and G Group Work (47.5%).
For any additional details, please contact the Course Coordination.
1 - Curriculum Vitae, Job interview and Psychometric testing.
2 - Time management, Team work and Leadership.
3 - Advanced use of Excel spreadsheets.
4 - Bibliographic research and critical analysis of scientific information. Ethics and Deontology.
Programs where the course is taught:
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Micro and Nanotechnology Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Physics Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Applied Mathematics to Risk Management
- Applied Chemistry - Biotechnology Profile
- Construction Profile
- Environmental Systems Engineering Profile
- Sanitary Engineering Profile
- Structures Profile
- Geotechnics Profile
- Applied Chemistry - Organic Chemistry Profile
- Applied Chemistry - Applied Chemistry Profile