Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
NL = Laboratory grade = average of two laboratory reports
NT = Theory grade = average of three tests OR grade of examen
NT AND NL MUST BE AT LEAST 9,5
Final Grade NF = 0,75 * NT + 0,25 * NL (with NT >=9,5 and NL>=9,5)
• Sinusoidal regimen. Complex notation. Circuits. Impedance. Vector diagrams. Geometric places with variation of parameters. Power.
• Three phase regimen. Balanced and unbalanced three phase systems. Line quantities and
line-to-line quantities. Powers. Symmetrical Components.
• Magnetostatics: Ampère’s law. Magnetic circuits. Induction Flux. Coils. Linked flux, induction coefficients, magnetic linkage coefficient. Leakage and leakage induction coefficients. Ferromagnetism. Saturation and Hysteresis. Iron yoke coil.
• Transformer. Composition and equations. Real, perfect and ideal transformers. Leakage induction coefficients. Magnetizing current and iron losses. Reduction to the primary. Steinmetz’ equivalent circuit. Sinusoidal regimen. Short circuit and open circuit. Tests. Vectorial diagrams. Voltage drop and voltage regulation.
• Electromagnetic fields. Maxwell’s equations. Plane wave solution. Propagation of pulses. Complex notation of vectors. Waves in sinusoidal regimen. Conditions at the borders, Incident and Reflected waves.
• Fields in conducting media. Effect. Rectangular embedded conducting bar and cylindrical conductor cases.
• Transmission Line: Distributed parameters. Propagation of pulses in lossless lines.Sinusoidal Regimen: ondulatory parameters. Standing wave. Reference to Smith’s chart. Input impedance. Line’s equivalent circuits. Short Lines.
• Rotating machine with non-salient poles and distributes winding. Magnetic field distribution in the air gap. Pulsing field. Triphase winding. Rotating field. Machines’ monophase and triphase induction coefficients. Monophase equivalent for triphase regimen.
Programs where the course is taught: