The goal is to provide the use of tools for the development of data acquisition and control systems based on microcontrollers and computers.
José Luís Constantino Ferreira
Weekly - 5
Total - 70
Introduction to Programming
- Princípios de Electrónica, Albert Paul Malvino, McGraw-Hill
- The Art of Electronics, Paul Horowitz et al, Cambridge University Press
- LabVIEW programing, data acquisition and analysis, Beyton & Jeffrey, Prentice Hall
- Introdução à Instrumentação Médica, José Higino Correia, João Paulo Carmo, Lidel, 2013
Each week, a one-hour class is given to present and discuss concepts to be used in the execution of laboratory experiments.
The practical classes are weekly and last for four hours. During each class, there will be discussion of concepts to be applied in laboratory work.
Each class will have a maximum of twenty students divided into ten groups of two students each.
Each group will have a workbench with a test bench (with breadboard, several voltage sources, signal generator, etc.), oscilloscope, multimeter, adjustable voltage and current power sources, signal generator, computer and an Arduino Uno board.
Knowledge assessment is done through tests and mini-projects.
The final classification will result from the weighting of the following evaluation elements:
20% - Classification of the test on Programming of microcontrollers.
20% - LabVIEW Programming test rating.
60% - Classification of two mini-projects, which will be evaluated with a report and an oral presentation each.
Tests and oral presentation will preferably be carried out in person.
The ratings are assigned on a scale of zero to twenty values. Intermediate calculations are made with classifications rounded to one decimal
To obtain approval in the curricular unit, it is not necessary to have a minimum grade to any of the previous evaluation elements, however, it is necessary that the final classification is greater than or equal to 9.5 values.
1. Hardware interfaces. Programming of microcontrollers in C language. Control and data acquisition. Serial communication.
2. Software interfaces. ''''''''G'''''''' programming language (LabVIEW). Control and data acquisition. Serial communication.
Programs where the course is taught: