Training of professionals with technical and scientific skills to intervene in industries and services related to production and management of energy from biomass and waste.
Ability to assess the possibility of producing energy from biomass and waste in order to contribute to the increased production of energy from renewable sources and to cover the needs of Portugal and other European countries, energy primary;
- Ability to intervene in the processes of energy from these resources, seeking to optimize the processes themselves, increasing the efficiency of energy conversion and minimizing the environmental impacts arising from it;
- Ability to develop projects for the exploitation of forest in order to contribute to reducing forest fire risks and to improve the local economic situation, regional and national levels;
- Ability to intervene in the processes of standardization and certification of products and production systems and processing of recyclable materials from the standpoint of energy;
- Contributing to the improvement of technologies for energy recovery from biomass, including co-generation technologies, co-gasification and pyrolysis of materials for joint significant heating value;
- Ability to assess and manage environmental impacts of production processes and distribution of energy obtained from biomass and waste energy recoverable.
To work in production, quality control and safety in activities related to biomass production and recoverable energy resources in the ranks forestry, agriculture and waste recovery, as well as developing new bio-fuels and on improving existing production processes. Tasks on consultancy, research and development in Universities, Polytechnics and Industry.
Master (2nd Cycle)
Access to other programs
Access to a 3rd cycle
Maria Margarida Boavida Pontes Gonçalves
1063,47 Euros/year or 7000,00 Euros/year (for foreign students).
"Compressed" schedule - two/three days per week
Duration: 2 years
Credits: 120 ECTS
Mandatory scientifc areas
|Geographic Information Systems||SIG||6||-|
|Any Scientific Area||QAC||-||6 a)|
|Alternative Energies / Biocombustible Production / Residues Valorisation / Biomass Tecnhologies / Geographic Information Systems||EA / PB / VR / TB / SIG||42||-|
a) 6 ECTS in courses chosen by the student on a list approved annually by the Scientific Council of FCT / UNL, which includes the unity of all scientific areas of FCT / UNL
Conditions of admittance
The evaluation is done according the Regulamento de Avaliação de Conhecimentos (Licenciaturas, Mestrados Integrados e Mestrados)(Despacho 34/2012).
The curricular units (UC) predicted a format of continous assessment, wich will include a minimum of three evaluation times, distributed along the semesters and that will be concluded till the end of teaching classrooms. The evaluation of UCs of the Insert Period is regulated by a separated decision of the Executive Council of FCT.
The UC Master Dissertation comprises a public discussion with a pannel, according the law.
|8456||Mass and Energy Balances of Biomass Production||6.0|
|8466||Energy and Environment||6.0|
|8457||Forestry Biomass Production||6.0|
|8458||Energy Crops Production||6.0|
|10765||Production and Use of Liquid Biofuels||6.0|
|10766||Hydrogen Production and Utilization||6.0|
|10763||Geographic Information Systems||6.0|
|10767||Advanced Topics on Energy and Bioenergy I||3.0|
|10764||Biomass and Wastes Valorisation||6.0|
|11501||Master Thesis in Bioenergy||42.0|
|10769||Policy on Renewable Energy||6.0|
|10768||Energy Production using Biomass||6.0|
|3.º Semester - Unidade Curricular do Bloco Livre|