- The main characteristics of the different types of information.
- Image, audio and video analysis and processing algorithms.
- Choose the most appropriate format for a particular type of multimedia information.
- Define the architecture of a multimedia application.
- Program libraries for analysis, processing and visualization.
- Program analysis and processing algorithms.
- Program multimedia applications.
- Understand the multidisciplinary nature of the area and the relationship with other areas.
- Ability to manage and partially develop a multimedia project.
Nuno Manuel Robalo Correia
Weekly - 4
Total - Available soon
- Multimédia e Tecnologias Interactivas, Nuno Ribeiro, FCA, 2004 (2ª Edição, 2006).
- Tecnologias de Compressão Multimédia, Nuno Ribeiro e José Torres, FCA, 2009.
- Fundamentals of Multimedia, Ze-Niam Li, Mark S. Drew, Pearson, Prentice Hall, 2004.
- Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications, Rick Szeliski, Springer, 2010.
- Fundamentals of hearing, William Yost, AP, 2013 (5ª Edição)
- Additional readings will be provided during classes and through the course website (including lecture slides).
In the lectures the course content is presented, illustrated with application examples and references to related work. The laboratory classes are intended for specification, development and presentation of the projects that deal with topics presented during the lectures. The laboratory globally corresponds to the development of a multimedia application with interface and information processing components.
Two mid-term written individual tests without consultation (50%) , each test 25% + Practical component with two main deliverables: [1. Specification + State of Art 2. Code + Report] (50%) Both deliverables are jointly evaluated at the end of the project.
Minimum score: 9.5 for each component. Students approved in the project and not approved in the tests may also do a final exam, and the resulting grade replaces the grades of the tests in the final grade evaluation.
Programs where the course is taught: