Gestão de Operações em Saúde
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- identify and address of structured decision problems, queueing systems and layout of infrastructures,
- use quantitative methods to reach solutions to identified problems,
- use the information obtained to persuade and motivate organizational changes.
Maria Isabel Azevedo Rodrigues Gomes
Weekly - 2
Total - Available soon
Basic knowledge on statistics
Crespo de Carvalho J e Ramos T (2013). Logística na Saúde. Edições Silabo (2ª edição)
Ozcan Y. (2005). Quantitative Methods in Heath Care Management: techniques and applications. John Wiley and Sons.
Hiller and Libermann (1990). Introduction to Operations Research, McGraw Hill (5ª edição)
The course is divided into three learning units. Each consists of a set of videos with the oral presentation of the of about 10-15 minutes. At the end of each video is suggested to students solving a set of exercises proposed. To support his/her study, the student has a textbook with solved examples.
The assessment will have two components: student-created exercises and a final test. The exercises created by the student will be graded up to 2 points each, and the final test rated up to 14 points.
Student-created exercises: at the end of each unit, the student should create a question text fitting into a subtopic covered in the learning unit. The question and resolution should not exceed one A4 sheet in IGNORE size 11 (or handwritten and scanned). Student-created quastions must be submitted through moodle no later than the day before the final test.
The student''''s final grade will be the sum of the grades obtained in each of the evaluation elements, at a maximum of 20 points.
- Decision Making: the decision process: payoff table; decision making under uncertainty; decision making under risk. Opportunity cost; Expected value of perfect information. Decision analysis with nonmonetary values and multiple attributes
- Queuing systems: basic concepts, the different queuing systems, key performance measurements for single and multiple servers systems.
- Layout infrastructure: basic concepts, health caring facilities layout, storage infrastructure layout.
Programs where the course is taught: