Diagnosis and Conservation of Stone
At the end of this course the student will have acquired knowledge, skills and competences to:
- to know and recognize stone cultural heritage;
- to identify the problems that affect the exposed stone materials;
- to know and be able to apply diagnosys methods;
- to understand the degradation phenomena and the the driving mechanisms;
- to propose conservation solutions to solve problems.
Carlos Manuel Chastre Rodrigues, Maria Paulina Santos Forte Faria Rodrigues
Weekly - 5
Total - 70
Knowledge on rock and stone types, properties and characteristics.
Classes will be in Portuguese, except if foreign students are in the class.
INDIVIDUAL EVALUATION BY MINI TESTS
There will be 3 mini-tests (or short individual oral assessments), each with a value of 10% of the final grade.
EVALUATION BY WORK
Part 1 (20%)
Part 2 (20%)
Part 3 (20%)
Presentation and Discussion of the final work (10%)
In any evaluation moment, students must also take into consideration the provisions of nº3 of article 10º of the ''Evaluation Rules of FCT NOVA'': “When fraud or plagiarism is proven in any of the evaluation elements of a UC, students directly involved are outright disapproved at UC, (…). ”
Programs where the course is taught: