Introduction to the design of complex mechanical systems.
António Gabriel Marques Duarte dos Santos, António José Freire Mourão
Weekly - 5
Total - Available soon
Descriptive study of automated production lines (with case studies):
- Typical specifications
- Operating machines by function
- Operating machines by transfer method
- Conveying systems
- Devices for feeding, sorting, packaging and labeling
- Pick & place devices and industrial robots
- Manufacturing cells and the concept of group technology
- Actuators and sensors
Elaboration of plans of large mechanical systems, seeking to simulate design situations close to reality, integrating conceptual issues, production technologies, optimization, automation, selection of components and materials.
Programs where the course is taught: