The general objective is to understand the importance of the Constitution as the centrality of the Legal Order, which traces the fundamental features of the legal system in its social, economic and political dimensions. The student will acquire essential tools for understanding the juridical-constitutional discourse, but also for criticising it, relating the constitutional phenomenon in space and time and in its extra-juridical implications, from those that are imposed by a criterion of Justice.
Helena Maria Matias Pereira de Melo
Weekly - 6
Total - Available soon
- Jorge Bacelar Gouveia, Manual de Direito Constitucional, I e II volumes, 5ª ed., Almedina, Coimbra, 2013; Ensinar Direito Constitucional, Almedina, Coimbra, 2003; Legislação de Direito Constitucional, 3ª ed., Quid Juris, Lisboa, 2013
- AAVV, Enciclopédia da Constituição Portuguesa (coord. de Jorge Bacelar Gouveia e Francisco Pereira Coutinho), Quid Juris, Lisboa, 2013
- Cristina Queiroz, Direito Constitucional, Coimbra Editora, Coimbra, 2009
- Jorge Miranda, Manual de Direito Constitucional, I a VII volumes, Coimbra Editora, Coimbra, 2000-2008
- José Joaquim Gomes Canotilho, Direito Constitucional e Teoria da Constituição, 7ª ed., Almedina, Coimbra, 2003
- Marcello Caetano, Manual de Ciência Política e Direito Constitucional, 6ª ed., Almedina, Coimbra, 1989
- Hans Kelsen, Teoria Geral do Direito e do Estado, 3ª ed., Martins Fontes, São Paulo, 2000
- Maria Lúcia Amaral – A forma da República – uma introdução ao Direito Constitucional, Coimbra Editora, Coimbra, 2005
Classrooms, lectures and occasionally seminars, in order to effectively contribute to the role of building a dialogic and critical knowledge of the action and concrete applicability of the Constitutional Law and the respective Institutes. Possible the preparation of Works in small groups, to seek the development of legal argumentation skills and teamwork or even case studies, all in order to develop the cognitive ability to analyse and synthesis curricular topics.
- Final written exam compulsory: 100% if only element of evaluation;
- Final written exam: 85% if complemented by the delivery of work (individual or group up to 4 people) until the last day of classes, this work worth 15% of the final grade, since higher than the semester exam.
The proposed program content, corresponding to the institutes of General Constitutional Law and Special Constitutional Law in alignment with the way the subjects are set out in the Constitution of the Portuguese Republic, is composed of the basic elements that the student needs to know in order to familiarize himself with Constitutional Law and solve the problems proposed therein. Each respective institute allows the use of pedagogical strategies capable of developing acquired skills. The study of each and every one of the contents is not restricted to a linear approach of the subjects, since it is possible and advisable to proceed to a constant inter-textuality, in order to challenge the student to discover and solve problems related to Constitutional Law.
Programs where the course is taught: