NOVA Information Management School
- Master degree program in Geospatial Technologies
- Master in Clinical Research Management
- Master in Data Science and Advanced Analytics
- Master in Information Management
- Master in Information Management and Curation
- Master in Statistics and Information Management
- Master of Geographic Information Systems and Science
- Master of Law and Financial Markets
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Post-Graduation Marketing Research e CRM
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation in Marketing Intelligence
- Post-Graduation in Statistical Systems
- PostGraduate Financial and Budgetary Management and Control in Healthcare
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate Digital Transformation for Industry 4.0
- PostGraduate Post Graduation in Information Technologies Product Management
- PostGraduate in Business Analytics for Hospitality & Tourism
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Finance
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate in Digital Enterprise Management
- PostGraduate in Digital Transformation for Industry 4.0
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Data Science & Analytics
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Information Systems
- PostGraduate in Financial Markets and Risks
- PostGraduate in Geographic Information Systems and Science
- PostGraduate in Geospatial Intelligence
- PostGraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- PostGraduate in Information Systems Governance
- PostGraduate in Intelligence Management and Security
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- Postgraduate Program in Statistical Systems with a specialization in Central Banks
- Postgraduate Program in Statistical Systems with a specialization in Official Statistics
- Pós-Graduação em Gestão e Controlo Financeiro e Orçamental
The NOVA Information Management School (NOVA IMS) was founded in 1989 in response to the shortage of senior specialists in information management and the growing need for using new information technologies.
Installed on Campus Campolide, NOVA IMS has an infrastructure equipped with the most modern information and teaching support technologies. Today, NOVA IMS provides high level education to more than a thousand students.
NOVA IMS develops research of excellence in information science and information systems. As a result of this activity annually produces over a hundred high-impact international journal papers and more than 50 master dissertations and doctoral theses.
NOVA IMS also has a strong connection to society, having protocols and partnerships with more than one hundred public and private institutions, for which develops applied research, studies, projects and advanced training.
NOVA IMS is member of the most prestigious association of schools in information science field (iSchools), having also a quality certification NP EN ISO 9001:2008.
Its master degree programs are included in the Eduniversal ranking, and are consistently ranked as the best in Portugal and among the best in the world in their categories.
Lifelong Learning Programme's main goal is to contribute to the development of the European Union as a knowledge-based society, with sustainable economic growth with more and better jobs and with greater social cohesion, operating in parallel to an appropriate environmental protection, considering the future generations.
The Erasmus program seeks to emphasize the quality and reinforce the European dimension of Higher Education by promoting transnational cooperation between universities, fostering the European mobility and encouraging transparency and full academic recognition of studies and qualifications throughout the European Union.
NOVA IMS welcomes incoming ERASMUS students in all three cycles of study offered. This possibility is offered to students from higher education institutions with whom bilateral agreements exist.
By accessing these programs, the studies made at NOVA IMS have the recognition of equivalence of the courses attended in the home institution. During this period, the student is exempted from paying tuition fees at NOVA IMS, and must maintain the payment to its home institution.
Erasmus Coordinator of NOVA IMS:
Informations and Contacts:
For more information please visit the Erasmus webpage.
Admission and enrollment
Calendar of the 2020 National Higher Education Access
1st Phase: from August 7th to 23rd, 2020.
2nd Phase: from September 28th to October 9th, 2020.
Establishment Code: 0906
Course Code: 9155 - Information Management
Course Code: 8259 - Information Systems
Formula of Applicants Grade:
- Secondary school grade: 65%
- Entry Exam: 35%
Entrance Exam (1 of the following):
- 04 - Economy
- 16 – Mathematics
Exams (1 of the following):
- 712 - Economy A
- 635 - Mathematics A or 735 - Mathematics B
- Applicants Grade: 100
- Entry exam grade: 95
Postgraduate, Master and Doctoral programs
The applications must be filled online, in NOVA IMS' Applications Portal. The applicants must fill the form in this platform, upload their Curriculum Vitae and submit the application at the end. The selection process includes the analysis of the applicant's academic and professional curriculum and an interview.
September to July
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. (on Tuesdays and Thursdays it closes at 7 p.m.)
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. | 2 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The customer service by electronic mail is carried out through the following form.
Specialized in the areas of Statistics and Information Management, NOVA IMS' Library aims to provide students, teachers and researchers access to documentation and information necessary for the development of their scientific and academic activities.
Here you can access about 5,000 books, theses and dissertations in paper and electronic version from the UNL Repository, and full-text electronic journals from JSTOR, Emerald, Wiley Blackwell and B-On Online Knowledge Library (over 23.000 scientific international publications from 19 publishers). The Library provides the following services:
- Online Library catalogue
- Guided bibliographic and database searches
- On-site reading
- Book lending and reservation
- Inter-library loan
- Assistance in formatting scientific papers
Monday - Friday | 10 a.m - 8 p.m
Through the Erasmus+ Program, NOVA IMS students have the possibility to attend a semester in a European educational institution with which a partnership has been established. NOVA IMS being aware of the importance of developing a culture of cooperation and mobility already has about 43 partner institutions from 17 different countries.
NOVA IMS is proud to contribute to the training of excellent professionals in the national and international job market. Companies know the value of our students and they know the added value of having them as interns. Over the years, these companies have developed internships for our undergraduate, masters and doctorate students.
Here are some of the companies that have developed internships for our students as well as areas in which they can do them.
Information Technologies Areaserve | Barclays | Sub-Região de Saúde de Lisboa | Capgemini Portugal | Cofidis | Ernst & Young | Hidroclima |Inteligensis | Oracle | Capgemini Portugal | Sub-Região de Saúde de Lisboa |
Statistics Banco de Portugal | Caixa Geral de Depósitos | NOVA IMS- MAGIC | Direcção Geral das Florestas | FCSH/UNL | INE | CLAD |ISPA | Ministério da Educação | Ministério das Cidades | Presspeople | PT | Galp |
NOVA IMS would like to thank all the institutions that have offered internships to the various students.
Incentive Award to Academic Excellence - € 1.000 Application prize awarded to all students whose average entry is 18 or more**.
**Conditioned to registration and enrolment in the 1st school year of the degree course. Prize applied to students admitted in 2020/2021.
Prizes awarded during the course:
|Banco de Portugal||Statistical Methodologies||Bachelor’s Degree in
|Statistical Methodologies||Bachelor’s Degree in
|-||Postgraduate Program in Statistical Systems, with a specialization in Central Banks' Statistics||1000€**|
|-||Postgraduate Program in Statistical Systems, with a specialization in Central Banks' Statistics||500€***|
|INE||Best Student||Bachelor’s Degree in
|Best Student||Bachelor’s Degree in
|SAS Institute||Data Mining||Bachelor’s Degrees||1500€|
|Data Mining I||Postgraduate and Master||750€|
|Data Mining II||Postgraduate and Master||750€|
|ESRI Portugal||Geospatial Intelligence||Bachelor’s Degree in
|-||Graduate in Master Degree in
Geographic Information Systems
* This award requires carrying out a part-time internship, during two months, at Banco de Portugal. The €750 award is subject to the assessment conducted by Banco de Portugal.
** Best Student of the Program.
*** Second Best Student of the Program.
**** 10 days of institutional support through a Technology Mentor, in the offices of ESRI, for the implementation of a GIS project.
NOVA IMS students are granted access to all SAS catering units, the closest ones being located in Professor Alfredo de Sousa Halls of Residence (canteen, bar and esplanade). They provide bar services from 8am to 9pm, lunch from 11.30am to 2.30pm, and dinners from 6.30pm to 9:30 pm.
Special needs facilities
The primary objective of the NOVA Information Management School Students Union is to represent NOVA IMS students and defend their interests by promoting and participating in all issues of student interest, through the enhancing of the training, human, social, cultural, and recreational areas of educational and sports policy. You can rely on NOVA IMS SU to give you the best years of your life, from recreational events such as the reception of new students, great academic festivals, and the NOVA IMS Gala, to the promotion of different types of sports, including a futsal team.
To maximize your experience, we have a wide range of benefits for our members.
The mission of the Association of Former Students of NOVA IMS is to collaborate in the growth of NOVA IMS. The mission is carried out through 3 main strategic pillars: networking, mentoring and talks.
Identifying, getting to know and relating with former students are critical and fundamental tasks in the ﬁrst pillar.
Identifying in which sectors of activity they work, in which countries and which functions they occupy are priority tasks for members of the different Alumni governing bodies, either by making intensive use of social networks or personal contacts.
The second pillar is our contribution through our accumulated experience and the functions we occupy to the development of the different dimensions of the students of NOVA IMS, especially those in undergraduate programs.
Finally, the third pillar aims at improving eclectic knowledge, technical and professional skills throughout life through meetings, courses and conferences in the most varied areas of knowledge.
We believe that these are the pillars that allow us to contribute to the development and prestige of NOVA IMS through the personal and professional relevance of former students.