This course includes a wide range of topics ranging from exploratory qualitative research, development of quantitative market research, also including experimental methods to test products, services and advertising. Students learn how to collect data, namely how to design a good questionnaire. The role of secondary data in market research and ways of reporting them are also studied.
With this course students should be able to design, conduct and report the results of a study appropriate to solve a marketing problem.
Pedro Miguel Pereira Simões Coelho
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
- Malhotra, Naresh K., Birks, David F. (2012). Marketing research: an applied approach. Fourth European edition. Harlow: Prentice Hall/Financial Times.
- Vilares, M., Coelho, P.S. (2011 ). Satisfação e Lealdade do Cliente- Metodologias de avaliação, gestão e análise. Escolar Editora.
The course is based on theoretical and practical lessons. The theoretical classes are supported by several practical examples of application of the exposed concepts. The practical part is oriented to the design and development of a market study including the stage of exploratory and conclusive research.
The evaluation of the course (for both seasons) is carried out with a final exam and a project, including the design of an appropriate market study to a marketing problem.
Two reports must be produced (one on the exploratory research and another on the conclusive research). The reports are discussed with the teacher.
To get approval it is necessary a minimum grade of 9,5 points (out of 20) in each assessment element.
1. Organization and design of a market research
2. Primary and secondary data
3. Qualitative market research
4. Data collection
5. Questionnaire design
6. Causal research
8. Presentation of results
Programs where the course is taught:
- Specialization in Information Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Risk Analysis and Management
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence
- Specialization in Marketing Research and CRM
- Specialization in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence – Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Information Systems and Technologies Management - Working Hours Format
- Specialization in Marketing Intelligence - Working Hours Format
- Post-Graduation in Information Analysis and Management
- Post-Graduation Risk Analysis and Management
- PostGraduate in Smart Cities
- PostGraduate in Data Science for Marketing
- PostGraduate in Digital Enterprise Management
- PostGraduate Digital Marketing and Analytics
- PostGraduate in Information Systems Governance
- PostGraduate in Information Management and Business Intelligence in Healthcare
- PostGraduate in Intelligence Management and Security
- Post-Graduation in Knowledge Management and Business Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Information Systems and Technologies Management
- Post-Graduation in Marketing Intelligence
- Post-Graduation Marketing Research e CRM
- PostGraduate in Enterprise Information Systems