Open Software and GIS Programming
Roberto André Pereira Henriques
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Portuguese. If there are Erasmus students, classes will be taught in English
- Lutz , M. (2007) Learning Python, 3rd Edition. O'Reilly Media
- Sherman, G. (2012) The Geospatial Desktop: Open Source GIS & Mapping. Locale Press
Synchronous - Synchronous Sessions, self-assessment exercises.
Asynchronous tools - Discussion Forum. Access to Content Platform.
Classroom component (which may be replaced by videoconference):
Presentation and discussion of the Final Project
Report and presentation of a practical project (individual) - 100%.
1. Python Programming
- Introduction to Programming
- Python basics
- Functions and control structures
- Strings, Lists, Tuples, Dictionaries
- File I / O
- Introduction to GIS objects
- Manipulating data in ArcGIS
- Using tools of ArcGIS
- Using several modules and libraries for processing geographic data