This course is designed to give students the fundamentals of Quality Management with emphasis on quality planning, control and management approaches, tools, and implementation. The conceptual and practical knowledge gained will enable students to understand and manage quality both in services and manufacturing industries.
Ana Sofia Costa
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
Amitava Mitra, Fundamentals of Quality Control and Improvement, 4th Ed., Wiley, 2016.
David L. Goetsch and Stanley B. Davis, Quality Management for Organizational Excellence, 8th Ed., Pearson, 2016.
• Course book
• Other readings
Lectures will be composed of:
• Concepts: exploring, discussing and applying
• Small Cases and Exercises: exploring, discussing and applying
• Group works
60% Individual Exam (minimum grade = 8,5)
40% Group and Individual Work carried in class.
• Defining quality. Perspectives on quality
• Total Quality Management
• Customer Focus and empowerment
• Tools for quality improvement
• Understanding service quality
• Quality control: Statistical Process Control and Acceptance Sampling
• Capability and 6 Sigma
Programs where the course is taught: