Nutrition and Physiopathology
a) Understand the physiology of diseases addressed in this course;
b) Recognize the importance of food habits in the pathophysiology of non-transmissible chronic metabolic diseases;
c) Recognize the importance of nutritional therapeutic/dietetic in the treatment and/or prevention of chronic diseases;
d) Assess nutritional status in health and disease through the application and interpretation of anthropometric parameters, biochemical data and food intake questionnaires;
e) Apply nutritional recommendations through protocols of dietetic intervention adapted to different diseases;
f) Establish nutritional orientations adapted to several chronic diseases.
Professora Doutora Diana Teixeira
Weekly - Available soon
Total - Available soon
· Duarte, A. C.G. Avaliação Nutricional Aspectos Clínicos e Laboratoriais. São Paulo: Editora Atheneu, 2007. Garrow, J.S., James, W.P.T.; Ralph, A. Human Nutrition and Dietétics. 10th. ed.: Churchill Livingstone, 2000.
· Gropper S.S., Smith J.L., Groff J.L. Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism. 5 th. ed. Wadsworth, Cengage Learning, 2009.
· Mahan, Kathleen L.; Escott-Stump, Sylvia. Krause Alimentos, Nutrição e Dietoterapia. 12ª Ed. U.S.A.: Roca, 2008.
· Nelms, M., Sucher, K., Long, S. Nutrition Therapy and Pathophysiology. U.S.A: Thomson Brooks/Cole, 2007.
· Rolfes, Sharon Rady; Pinna, Kathryn; Whitney, Ellie. Understanding Normal and Clinical Nutrition. Wadsworth. International Cengage Learning; 2009.
theoretical classes (lectures of an expositive nature, directed to large groups)
theoretical-practical classes (they integrate an expository component and an interactive component, directed to small groups)
The evaluation will be made taking into account the following parameters:
- Clinical cases presentation and discussion (100%);
- Eating Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Heart Disease
- Lipid Disorders
- High Blood Pressure
- Hiperuricemia and Gout
- Gastrointestinal Disease (Oesophagus; Stomach; Bowel and colon; Liver; Gallbladder; Exocrine pancreas)
- Renal diseases
Programs where the course is taught: